Discuss Do you think energy storage system with Lithium Iron batteries is the big trend in the future? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I think it's a big trend in the future. lithium ion battery wall 50 become increasingly popular ever since the announcement of the BYD Blade battery technology, which comes with a lithium-ion phosphate (LFP) chemistry instead of the nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) mix. But I heard others say that lithium batteries are easy to explode. Why is this? I want to hear everyone's opinions.thank you!

You need one of these, 66KWh of batteries going in there , adding 2 545W panels to the roof as well, lol

Attachments

• Do you think energy storage system with Lithium Iron batteries is the big trend in the future? Solar_Shed - EletriciansForums.net
    Solar_Shed.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 7
The pay back time is still quite long and by the time you factor in maintenance, the money you save on energy bills will probably cover the cost of everything just at the point when it needs to be changed... Of course this is changing where as once it was seen as not being a financial decision, more of a green decision, now it is almost viable...

I am still holding out for better car batteries and then use your car as a power bank, charge it at night then use the electricity from your car to power your home... Most people don't often do long journeys, so why pay to have another load of batteries when you have a load in your car..

I am still holding out for better car batteries and then use your car as a power bank, charge it at night then use the electricity from your car to power your home... Most people don't often do long journeys, so why pay to have another load of batteries when you have a load in your car..
My thoughts exactly. No point in buying another battery if there's one on the drive being unused for most of the time.
Is the hardware to do this readily available at a sensible price?

I think it's a big trend in the future. lithium ion battery wall 50 become increasingly popular ever since the announcement of the BYD Blade battery technology, which comes with a lithium-ion phosphate (LFP) chemistry instead of the nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) mix. But I heard others say that lithium batteries are easy to explode. Why is this? I want to hear everyone's opinions.thank you!
Yes. We can’t keep up with the PV and battery install Jobs. Long back list due to availability of materials.

Yes, energy storage systems (ESS) with lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are a big trend in the future of energy storage.

LiFePO4 batteries have several advantages over other types of batteries, including high energy density, long cycle life, low self-discharge, and excellent safety characteristics. These advantages make them ideal for use in energy storage systems, which are becoming increasingly important as renewable energy sources such as solar and wind become more prevalent.

In addition, LiFePO4 batteries are environmentally friendly, as they do not contain toxic heavy metals such as lead or cadmium. They also have a lower risk of thermal runaway and fire than other types of lithium-ion batteries, making them a safer choice for energy storage systems.

Overall, the demand for energy storage systems with LiFePO4 batteries is expected to grow significantly in the coming years as more households and businesses seek to integrate renewable energy sources into their energy mix and reduce their reliance on the grid. Redway Power manufactures top notch lifepo4 batteries and home ess systems that sre reiable and efficient. Check out their website for more products.

https://www.mining.com/web/charted-the-most-expensive-battery-metals/#:~:text=A single tonne of lithium,at the beginning of 2021.

I do not think a high capacity, long life storage battery using a rare precious metal like lithium is the future because as/if demand continues to increase and outpaces any rise in supply the cost will only become more and more expensive. Nor do we have yet the ability to recycle such batteries at scale in an easy and affordable way. I am far from being knowledgeable on battery technology but I reckon we still await a breakthrough in research to find cheaper battery electro-chemistry.

I think fuel cells are more likely to be the future buy which I mean a 'battery' where there is a flow of electrolyte which is converted into electricity, heat and safe easily disposed or reused waste products.

I also think there is yet more to achieve from heat engines and off the top of my head would mini gas turbines, which do not stop any form of emission of CO2 and CO and other green house gases but are markedly more efficient in terms of energy produced for each kg of undesirable GH gas. Combined heat and power applications being where they look to be very promising.

https://www.energy.gov/eere/amo/art... kW microturbine has,for the C370 is feasible.

Reply to Do you think energy storage system with Lithium Iron batteries is the big trend in the future? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock