Discuss Do you think Napit are proud of this installer? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I did suggest this. He has in the past subbed out the electrics, but he has had issues where believe it or not he had idiot Electrical Trainee's pretending to be fully qualified causing more trouble than its worth. I used to do bits for him but hes moved down exeter now with his wife who works for the met office. so bit far for me now.
He is somebody who likes it done his exact way to his own standards and is bit of a OCD nutter... He works on his own with an apprentice.
People think nothing of paying 10 or 15k for a immaculate show home kitchen, but ask them to spend a couple hundred on electrics they think you are a crook! they cant see the wiring but can see the nice oak cupboards...

I don't totally agree with the argument, that every person who goes the short course route, does not become a competent electrician. With time & experience they will, how they achieve this experience without detriment to a paying customer, is perhaps the argument?

However, I can't see a kitchen fitter doing enough electrical work, to get to any level of experience required, to become a competent electrician. So in your example, I am very much against training such persons on short courses. My opinion.

I do quite a bit of work for a particular kitchen & bathroom installation company. They employ the various trades to carry out an installation. If they are not happy with the quality of work of a trades person, they will found someone else.

I would like to know (obvious answer ) how a approved contractor that gets removed from the role as the boss will not comply with the Q.S system of replacing Q.S. when existing retires and non-compliant with regs and making up certs can then join NAPIT?

I suppose in reality Ant you can go from 1 scam to another as long as you grease the sticky pole with enough cash, I know who you are talking about, so I'm equally astonished as you are, still you are out of it now, don't let it eat you up.

The schemes would gain credibility if they clamped down on these idiots......................................

They don't bother about that. They have credibility in the publics eyes. They don't care what electricians think about them as they really know they can do better but their profits would go down... All about money!

I suppose in reality Ant you can go from 1 scam to another as long as you grease the sticky pole with enough cash, I know who you are talking about, so I'm equally astonished as you are, still you are out of it now, don't let it eat you up.
Beleive me Pete best decision ever made.They came up with the bulls**t they talk to each other at the select committee a few years ago.

Reply to Do you think Napit are proud of this installer? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net