Discuss Dodgy agency............... BEWARE sole trader sparks ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

4petessake

Hi all.

Recently had the misfortune of working at Gatwick airport on a major build with a mickey mouse contractor and agency! The electrical contractor was Davies & Fox and aledgedly went bust. I was there for a few weeks employed through an agency called RIGHT CONTRACT SERVICES LTD who are based in
Rickmansworth, Herts. The agency are refusing to pay up for the work I have done saying that they are still waiting for the client (Davies & Fox) to pay them. There were around a dozen or so sparks with the same agency, and as far as I know we’ve all been shafted !

Just listing this post in case any sparks out there have had the misfortune of dealing with either of these cowboy firms, and to warn any agency sparks to be cautious when dealing with them!

Anyone who has been unlucky with the above or has any advice on dealing with this sort of situation your comments would be welcome.

your contract is with the agency, legally they have to pay you. if they don't get paid, it's their hard luck. send them a solicitor's letter demanding payment within 7 days or court action will follow.

I had similar troubles and went to a local solicitors in Watford, for about £75 I had to give them details of what was owed to me, (copy invoices) and on the 7th day exactly a big fat juicy cheque come through my door. It might have been just coincidense that my car was stolen, pushed up my road and set on fire that night, i suspect not but thats another story!!

Send the agy a letter giving them 7 days to pay, they wont. Then small claims court on-line is wonderful thing as long as its under £5k (i think)

Reply to Dodgy agency............... BEWARE sole trader sparks ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock