Discuss Dodgy Installations in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TonyGreen

With this rush, have you seen any Pv installations that break the rules?
Here are a few I have come across,

100_1979.jpg

Attachments

• bad installation..JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Overhanging-Solar-PV-Panels.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:
picture 2 is defo planning issue!! let alone a bit of wind uplift:) 3 ive seen before (prob on floor by now) there will be loads more yet!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I've seen loads of bodge jobs.

I've seen dozens of installs where the panels have been clamped on the short side where it would invalidate the warranty. Not a safety issue but it's not exactly in the best interests of the customer, is it?

Anyone been asked to install the meter, inverter etc, test with a few panels (a generation 'bank') then go back & fit the panels after the 12th?? If this is done, other than being morally wrong & fraud, what Part P/MCS tests could not be completed until the full array is on?

Pressure's on!!

HODIE what u saying? are u asking? we have had this topic before ITS FRAUD!! BANGED UP!! is correct term!! dont do the crime if u cant do the time SIMPLES!!! but yes i would suspect its widespread!!

Hi powervan, I'm not suggesting for a second anyone should do this, I would just like a few more technical & regs reasons that I can use to better push back against any pressure from unscrupulous people who are prepared to ask us to do what is clearly illegal etc. Can u give me a link 2 the previous posts on this, so I'm better armed! I'm not willing to put my future livelihood on the line for someone else's greed or lack of integrity.

Reply to Dodgy Installations in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net