Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Got called out because customer couldn't reset RCD after attempting to put up shelving.
hole1.jpg
6 months earlier I was called to the same fault at the same house.
hole2.jpg

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Got called out because customer couldn't reset RCD after attempting to put up shelving.
View attachment 59240
View attachment 59241
Scatter bombs approach,
Drill enough holes and your bound to get one eventually.
Maybe the home owner just liked your smile?

Boooom! Found this Friday.

Attachments

Oh got the call, my Mcb keeps blowing. Went to his house. Asked have you made any alterations to your house lately, like pictures on the wall, or things screwed to the wall. He informed me a electrician changed the sockets in his extention. I have no idea how he left without noticing. Lol
Post automatically merged:

They forgot the grommet too!
And single sleeved the earth's lol

Last edited:

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Oh got the call, my Mcb keeps blowing. Went to his house. Asked have you made any alterations to your house lately, like pictures on the wall, or things screwed to the wall. He informed me a electrician changed the sockets in his extention. I have no idea how he left without noticing. Lol
For electrician read embarrassed homeowner in trouble with his mrs! 😂

Boooom! Found this Friday.
Give credit where credit is due, they've done their best to not to mix 'old' and 'new' colours in the same terminal ;)
Post automatically merged:

Would love to see a follow up photo once shelving is done....could be a work of art...

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed
Ah the old diagonal safe zones !

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Mine was an old cooker hood I took down. Supply had been taken diagonally from a socket above worktop.
Whoever put the old hood up managed to drill through the cpc of a t&e... the rawl plug acted as an isolator between the L and N which hadn’t been cut.
Hood worked, just never been earthed.
1949A1DA-C9A9-47E9-A474-2798DDD4D4F9.jpeg

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Mine was an old cooker hood I took down. Supply had been taken diagonally from a socket above worktop.
Whoever put the old hood up managed to drill through the cpc of a t&e... the rawl plug acted as an isolator between the L and N which hadn’t been cut.
View attachment 59343
classic. i had one the other week, rawlplug and screw through L courtesy of kevin. screw was live, so he stuck some tape over the screw head and told customer it;s safe now. FFS.

It’s amazing the amount of times someone manages to put a screw / nail through a buried cable breaking the cpc and only just scraping the live and neutral Cores...
Failing to trip the mcb & leaving the cable live but without an earth beyond the hole.
perhaps buried cables should be of screened type so the cpc is fully around the inner cores..

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
View attachment 59343
I thought I’d uploaded this pic before.....

From this....

Source URL: Someone was a lucky so and so - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/someone-was-a-lucky-so-and-so.174087/

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
It’s amazing the amount of times someone manages to put a screw / nail through a buried cable breaking the cpc and only just scraping the live and neutral Cores...
True. The above one is the same. But, in this case, with such a small pin shorting L and N....and the earth having no insulation, it tends to take the majority of the blast.
IMG_0387.jpg
IMG_0388.jpg

It was a right job double heat shrinking with the lack of length available.
Sand and cement wall :mad:

richy3333

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Ah shite. Thought someone was going to reference Chris 😂

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom