• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DPG

-
TA
Arms Access
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

That t&e across and down the wall looks shocking as well. At least use a bit of mini trunking.

JOURNEYMAN

-
Arms Access
Also noted while I was there that the extract fan has no ducting to the exterior at all and instead vents through a 4 inch wall straight into the staff kitchenette via a shutter! There's a list of other electrical and building work horrors that the builder has done on behalf of the new tenants. It beggars belief what some people will accept and pay for.

Another little one from me (but worth a mention). Old lamp column. BS1361 fuse clearly failed / lost an end cap at some point. Fuse wire wrapped around the old one.(NB I did replace with the correct fuse)

IMG_20190819_145851.jpg

In a HMO somebody has been very creative with bypassing the meter, so they unscrewed the neutral in the incomer covered it in tape then shoved it back in, used the earth as the neutral as its a pme system, completely butchering the cu in the process.

Attachments

Are there enough independent certification companies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trending Threads

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom