• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattg4321

-
Arms Access
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

file-3.jpeg

Apparently this large shed/annexe/summer house type thing in the garden was wired by a friend of customers. Apparently he is/was homeless. Maybe his house burnt down?:tearsofjoy:

At least he ran armoured cable from the house, but thats where the good parts of this install ended. Unglanded, 2.5 3 core run direct from a socket on a ring final. Shower is 8.5kw and there was also a mobile air con unit plugged into a socket in the bedroom. MCB had been swapped to 40A.

The cables making up the RFC looked pretty good to be fair, as did the armoured. Not taken apart anything in the garden annexe thing yet. The lever type wagos used to connect the swa to t&e from the back of the socket were in pretty bad shape though! Lightly toasted!

Seriously though, every time I work inside M25 I'm faced with this shite. Customers on above job are lovely people, happy to pay our rates and want things done properly, but how do they allow and pay for this type of shite. It seems to be rife in London.

Strima

-
Arms Access
Is it just me who has a hatred of seeing sockets with the switches "on" and nothing plugged in?
Yes, the amount of wasted electricity leaking out really winds me up, such a waste...

telectrix

-
Arms Access
Yes, the amount of wasted electricity leaking out really winds me up, such a waste...
used to be able to stop that with the child socket protectors.
Post automatically merged:

daren't comment on the state of that shower. i'll get reported for dirtybuggerism.

westward10

-
Staff member
TA
Arms Access
Spent most of the day reconnecting swa cables at lighting bollards as none of the armour has been earthed. Pretty straight forward cables plenty of length, the outer casings come off the bollards and the sun is out. Three to go then this, needless to say the circuit now has three less lights on it.20190904_134837.jpg

westward10

-
Staff member
TA
Arms Access
No chance. All the others are bone dry with lots of slack this one looks like it has been underwater.

ipf

-
Arms Access
Spent most of the day reconnecting swa cables at lighting bollards as none of the armour has been earthed. Pretty straight forward cables plenty of length, the outer casings come off the bollards and the sun is out. Three to go then this, needless to say the circuit now has three less lights on it.View attachment 51889

Same sort of problem...except this one was flattened and then run over umpteen times by drivers parking half on the grass. I was measuring for some sort of replacement until the client decided he didn't want a 20m trench digging for rewiring. Absolutely no spare length and solid through underlying concrete and in pvc tube. Isolated at previous bollard and left as.

IMG_0939.JPG

SparkyChick

Staff member
TA
Arms Access
Esteemed Member
No chance. All the others are bone dry with lots of slack this one looks like it has been underwater.
Good example of why you should always use external glands outside, regardless of whether they are exposed to the elements or not.

FatAlan

-
Trainee Electrician
Customer with two brick pillars either side of drive entrance. Wants lights (which funnily enough don’t work) on top of each pillar replaced. There’s brick lights with junction boxes and T&E at the base of each pillar. See pic :rolleyes: I believe the main feed from the house is SWA so hoping with a bit of digging I can find the end but suspect the loop to the other pillar is just buried T&E so they may have two hopes of me sorting it without disturbing their nice block paved drive.4BA5E619-714D-4C2F-88D9-9116F740CEB8.jpeg

FatAlan

-
Trainee Electrician
Customer with two brick pillars either side of drive entrance. Wants lights (which funnily enough don’t work) on top of each pillar replaced. There’s brick lights with junction boxes and T&E at the base of each pillar. See pic :rolleyes: I believe the main feed from the house is SWA so hoping with a bit of digging I can find the end but suspect the loop to the other pillar is just buried T&E so they may have two hopes of me sorting it without disturbing their nice block paved drive.View attachment 51900
Mean while at the top of the pillar we have a silver birch well and truly rooted into the light :rolleyes:

80EBF4B0-0120-4B0F-9330-AAB7323F1789.jpeg

89343448-0ADB-4EE3-92E1-8E2DEAB50AD2.jpeg

C6576A97-1BAC-40AD-B886-0E0172D7B5B7.jpeg

30B6A510-2BF2-4B42-AD4A-FC503BD0A8F9.jpeg

17E759F2-269E-4568-B5B7-E6F19203CE22.jpeg

Are there enough independent certification companies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trending Threads

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom