CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
davesparks and julie,
I intend to fit gland on incomer, for cable restraint ,but waiting til I fit new cable/
Sadly it's Men's Shed Charity and has had to close due to the coronavirus, which is a bummer.

However...
lathe 4.jpg
and today I have worked out how to print these labels onto standard Avery sheets!
YAY!
Post automatically merged:

baddegg and static...I'm working on it!

Joking aside that flex would probably pull 26a without too much trouble

I have seen an old JW video showing 1mm/1.5mm solid taking about 50a before it started to bubble and smoke

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
davesparks and julie,
I intend to fit gland on incomer, for cable restraint ,but waiting til I fit new cable/
Sadly it's Men's Shed Charity and has had to close due to the coronavirus, which is a bummer.

However...
View attachment 56395
and today I have worked out how to print these labels onto standard Avery sheets!
YAY!

A pointless label, and it's wonky

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
yup, wonky! Sorry!
Pointless?
Probably!
but if I hadn't done it, someone would have complained!
next time...

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
yup, wonky! Sorry!
Pointless?
Probably!
but if I hadn't done it, someone would have complained!
next time...
Pointless is obviously just my opinion, but I do have a particular hatred of labels that nobody will ever read/will ignore, aren't required, state the obvious or just make a neat job look messy.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You are not alone.
In one building I regularly work in they have
-a locked door with a neat, clearly legible, label on it identifying it as the electrical intake. Seems pretty self explanatory yes? No, some muppet with a clipboard from head office came round and insisted that this bright yellow 'warning high voltage' sticker be put on the door.
-doors opening into a cable riser on each floor, no DBs or anything else in there, just a couple of trays and some trunking, the doors are kept locked and everyone who needs to know what's in there knows. Along comes the clipboard wielding womble and now there's these hideous (wonky) yellow stickers warning the world of the high voltage inside.

Julie.

Arms
Advent Win
davesparks and julie,

However...
View attachment 56395
YAY!

Arrh

I hate that warning label, it's the worse one of all the ones we're supposed to add!

At least the others make some sense.

Should have gone with the "stairs can go down as well as up" option

More useful than the wiring colours!!

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
I just noticed you warning label IS HELD ON WITH SELLOTAPE!!!! Never mind wonky.... sello-flippin’-tape!

I thought you were a pro....

Reply to Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom