Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Once I got a CPN brand MCB from CEF, tightened to specified torque and body splitting open. Was not impressed. Also stopped the cable clamp from opening properly if ever re-used.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_163011830.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 50
I admit that each time I use the T-driver I wince at the pressure needed to get the thing to click over, IMO its no wonder they split, although I haven't managed to split a Hager duel RCBO yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.

I admit that each time I use the T-driver I wince at the pressure needed to get the thing to click over, IMO its no wonder they split, although I haven't managed to split a Hager duel RCBO yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.
Yes, I also find the larger screws take more than I would normally use, but the smaller toque settings (around 1.2Nm are not far from my "from experience" tightness).

However, having removed some 4mm with ferrule from fully tightened earth bar screws to re-route stuff they don't look like you could to it often before the punches through the cable :(

Still, been using some Hager stuff recently and so far no problems at all at the specified torque :)

when i first saw the OP i thought another BG board moan, then saw it was not a bg board. a quick beer and an arse scratch revealed he mus mean british gas.

Opened this lovely Dornan Smith install this week - nice free-air tails rubbing against a sharp edge - and in an under stair cupboard where disturbance was likely.

IMG_20210304_151753 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20210304_150109 - Copy.jpg

Fortunately was only removing a circuit to change it to an adjacent RCD board, but couldn't in good conscience leave it like that - managed to get some good thick grommet strip in without needing to call on the fairy. No grommets on any of the inlets either, though with some there were so many cables jammed in there that they weren't likely to move...

Anyone able to age the board? Appeared to be BS 3871 Type 3 MCBs (though might just be a badly printed B)

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock