CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

freddo

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Creative wiring, the switch was on the landing, the trailing socket in the roofspace above feeding a CO alarm.
E test.jpg
plug socket.jpg
I don't think I've posted these before...

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
In a lovely old pump room [may share photos in another post if anyones interested as it's generally in excellent condition]. Lighting still wired in VIR singles. More recently someone has spliced in with harmonised singles to supply a row of T5 flourescents in an adjacent building...see the crushed and sweaty looking VIR neutrals below.

IMG_20191017_143720.jpg

freddo

-
Arms
Esteemed
Saw a load of old conduit wiring and thought oh no rubber. It turned out to be fabric covered plastic insulation. The telephone cables hacked into the box and the earth tapped off of the lid screw were less positive. Insulation and earth loop readings were excellent throughout the installation.
Conduit.jpg

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Do you reckon someone's done that as a DIY meter move? Can see the gas board doing that.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Do you reckon someone's done that as a DIY meter move? Can see the gas board doing that.
Nope.
When I left today at about 3 o'clock, I told the householder to call British Gas and report it. It was changed a couple of years ago.
Got a call at 5.00.....they were on site changing it. What a response!
Only problem now is a L-E short on the shower circuit. That lot's low down in a kitchen corner unit :rolleyes:
Another bit of a job helping someone out.

Last edited:

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Wasting moderators time - Using terrible wording
View attachment 53380

Just a observation whilst onsite.
Amusement, I'm shocked, what on earth is going on here, whoever did that want's His / Her tools confiscated and sent back to school for further instruction , awful really awful work. love to see the installation pr EICR cert covering that abomination, going to the bathroom for some anti nausea medication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
Amusement, I'm shocked, what on earth is going on here, whoever did that want's His / Her tools confiscated and sent back to school for further instruction , awful really awful work. love to see the installation pr EICR cert covering that abomination, going to the bathroom for some anti nausea medication.
Pete, your post has been edited as we are stamping out the pointing of fingers towards people that take the short course route into the industry.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
I hope they never need to work on the sounder...

DB830F3C-4FEB-460C-B082-90F8F5612818.jpeg

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
found today. new water meter installed. incomimg water is plastic. then copper from stop cock to meter. then plastic from meter to copper in house. united utilities installed bond from copper before meter to plastic after. fair to the guy who told customer it was pointless, but his boss says that's whathe has to do. .the mind boggles

Attachments

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Customer:
“So, mr telectrix.... you were in the cupboard last taking a photo of the water meter. What happened to my 4 bottles of wine?”

Tel:
“What wine?....what cupboard?..... wasn’t me, m’lud”

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I should go careful there tel.

that looks like a witches broom in the corner, don't want to upset her and get turned into a frog!

SJD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Shocking really the levels of incompetence, he hasn't fitted the do not remove labels to the clamps.
So does that mean a C3 in an EICR for no "Provision of earthing / bonding labels at all appropriate locations (514.13.1)"?

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
The isolator is very compact, it said 4x6mm on the sheath and the gland is 20mm.
I agreed with westward as I looked at it but was thinking that was a 25mm gland

freddo

-
Arms
Esteemed
The switchfuse is really small, a horrible design. Pathetic compared to the MEM switchfuses it was sat beside. Thankfully I just had to disconnect the outgoing cable as the machine was being removed for sale as the site is no longer in business. 6A fuses would have been fine for the machine that was located about 40M away.

Reply to Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom