Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Unless you have a daughter that works for BT in the appropriate department!

'Friends in the right places' can resove many situations, but for most people that isn't an option. The point I was reinforcing is that it is basically impossible to have openreach resolve any issue with their network, unless a demonstrable fault exists that affects your own service.

Happily, I have a daughter who works in digital media and who has a knack of finding "direct" routes to those who matter. Finding a CEOs direct email and a threat of social media exposure means that many problems suddenly get attended to, but of course this should not be required.
Basically, it's blackmail!
Works really well...

Like my school reports
James really needs to pay attention and work harder.
in this case I think "work smarter not harder" would have been even more effective - no more work to do it properly the first time, after all....

I usually got something like:

Julie set's herself an extremely low standard.

And often fails to even achieve that!!!
Mine always said "Must try harder", but it brought back some memories, my French teacher was Bridget Osman and her initials always brought a smile to my face on the school report.

I usually got something like:

Julie set's herself an extremely low standard.

And often fails to even achieve that!!!
I had the same thing expressed the other way around. I had a cracking Geography report in the 5th year which I must find. It said something like:
“I am obliged by school policy to report in positive terms. I can therefore honestly say Tim aims at nothing and hits it every single time. I’m also obliged by school policy to point out an area of improvement. Tim is increasingly adept at starting vehicles when staff have mislaid their keys. I have been grateful for this service more than once. We must accept that Tim’s skills are not suited to the subject I teach. I wish Tim well and believe he will go far, maybe in a vehicle he actually owns one day…”

Bedtime read

Was At a property to do EICR looking to rent out for first time and, certainly in my top 10 shake of the heads category.. will put all pics on a slide for 2391 training - spot the mistakes..

I looked at consumer unit... owner had issue, and got someone in via insurance, recommended an 'electrician' to change the board, same guy also apparently was a kitchen fitter.. that's another story (yeah removed cooker socket left cable connected , hidden sockets no spur switches etc...)

Anyway was a BG split RCD with 6 breakers - only 4 used (4 light circuits in one breaker).

Also two separate 5 way RCD BG boxes for 2 showers, 6mm (see pic few broken strand so nearer 4mm) feed to these direct via the isolator switch* straight from the national grid see pic - - with 50Amp MCB's using 10mm to the showers. Found despite connected only one electric shower fitted, other cable buried in wall still live.. - so disconnected unused and will move / upgrade other to 10mm.

Apparently also told customer that was biggest board - honestly I would've fitted 15 way RCBO in the space and left room for future eg EV etc..

Then neutral disconnected this turned out to be ring main for. upstairs and should be on LHS so only 1 Neutral connected customer told me there had been odd tripping.

And to top it off - no protection used at any entries, meter tails thru separate entries..

Will stick up the fixed photos.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Unit 4  - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Unit 3a - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Unit 2a - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! unit 1a - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock