Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Here's a good plug one....this was terminated, in a fashion, by a local alcoholic who had the shakes most times I saw him. Nice fella, but bloody self destructive on more than one level...

IMG_20150401_100437.jpg

@NDG Elecs , guess he could not be bothered with the earth neither?

Nope Paul, the plug was as is seen.

Tch, TCh. a 1.5mm flex with a 3a fuse. bad.

It was only supplying a 2kW electric fire.... probably a good thing the fuse kept blowing and I was called in. May have ended up worse if it was allowed to run on a 13A. Had visions of him falling asleep sloshed with the fire on full whack.

Hi again

don't want to hog this thread but... first job of day after last post.

This actually had an eicr for a Cu change issued by the installer saying all was satisfactory with nice pic of his ecs card....

C3 ! for no MPBC to water and gas was all that was picked up!!

Any comments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

That's a disgusting install. What really gets on my ---- is at work we loose out on jobs because we are more expensive than the idckheads that throw this ---- in. How lazy, preloaded board, just shove it on the wall as is and stick the wires where you need them, no care, no attention to detail. That's ignoring the madness at the supply end. :mad:

I stuck a board in last month, it was only a basic one in a detached garage but I still took the same care as I would anything else. Feel free to criticise!
Echo DB.jpg

Nice neat install Freddo. Where does the earth fly lead attached to casing at top left of piccy go?
And by eck your sharpies are sharp!!

Hi again

This actually had an eicr for a Cu change issued by the installer saying all was satisfactory with nice pic of his ecs card....

Any comments

View attachment 33624

View attachment 33625

View attachment 33626

View attachment 33627

Never seen PME like that before...is that defo legit? I would be on the phone to DNO to check their records as to whether it is their PME or some dodgy conversion..

Hi again

Any comments

View attachment 33624

View attachment 33625

View attachment 33626

View attachment 33627

HI

This is not marked as a PME supply (TNCS) I have the DNO coming out for a look - to ensure a proper pme conversion if required or a main earth put in from their box. There will be a Henley box somewhere as it was a common stair, but I didn't have time for a look.

IMHO the installer should have ensured there is a proper main earth terminal - regardless of how it was done before.

Every PME install I have ever connected to has been marked and a consumer earth terminal provided - but if this was ever an approved method of main earth corect me if I'm wrong.

British Gas woz ere.
BG.JPG
WTF?!
Unfortunately I both touched and broke the seals in order to remove a lighting fuse. What's worse is the fuse carrier had a bit of 1.0mm2 in it, nicely sealed in. :eek:

Last edited:
Was called out to a pub where they were unable to reset a socket circuit RCBO. I spent some time finding all the appliances connected to the circuit and disconnecting them so I could insulation test the circuit, then break it down until I found the fault which was a cable between 2 sockets. A look of the likely route showed a cable clip holding the flex of an extension lead to the wall (ew) in the sockets safe zone. A bit of a dig with a chisel confirmed where the fault was. The blast had severed the CPC.
echo nail1.JPG echo nail2.JPG
What was really annoying was it was obvious someone there had nailed the cable, (the box of clips and a hammer was on the table in the photo) but they didn't want to admit it as they would get the bill for the call out and repair, so instead they all stood and watched as I moved furniture and equipment to access sockets when they knew damn well where the fault was. When I called them out they said the extension cable had always been clipped there. :mad: In the time it took to find the fault I could have replaced the cable. :rolleyes:

British Gas woz ere.
View attachment 33672
WTF?!
Unfortunately I both touched and broke the seals in order to remove a lighting fuse. What's worse is the fuse carrier had a bit of 1.0mm2 in it, nicely sealed in. :eek:

Nice easy way too maintain IP rating there Freddo! I like the way thin strips have been especially cut for the RCD tails.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock