Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Since when is a customers electrical installation the responsibility of a meter fitter? If they are happy to connect perished fabric/rubber tails to a meter a Wylex fuseboard should not be of concern.

I didn't realise it was the meter fitter who taped all the holes up. I'd be surprised if a meter fitter would even touch the consumers installation.
I was referring to BG electrical division who are told to cover/fill any holes they come across.

That's a disgusting install. What really gets on my ---- is at work we loose out on jobs because we are more expensive than the idckheads that throw this ---- in. How lazy, preloaded board, just shove it on the wall as is and stick the wires where you need them, no care, no attention to detail. That's ignoring the madness at the supply end. :mad:

I stuck a board in last month, it was only a basic one in a detached garage but I still took the same care as I would anything else. Feel free to criticise!
View attachment 33628
Very Tidy :) I like that you've labelled your bonding, it's easy enough to do but a pain in the arse hunting for the other end of an unlabeled cable.

I sometimes used to write on cables in sharpie or fine OHP pen but an NIC inspector questioned the practice. 'How do you know' he asked, 'that the solvent in the ink won't trigger future degradation of the insulation?' TBH he wasn't an awkward chap but was struggling to find anything to comment upon; it was a very nice job that one even by our standards. I wasn't there personally so I didn't get to blind him with organic chemistry and polymer science, but I have also seen the pigment migrate through the PVC over time so that it goes fuzzy. So now it's either a proper printed cable label or no label.

No more of that please, neat work is OT for this thread!

I sometimes use the flexible nylon tape for the Dymo printer that is officially supposed to make permanent cable labels. Not quite sure how permanent that is, probably not as good as heatshrink but as you say that can get pricey with only 1.5m in each cartridge.

Wonder I'd it was some sort of decorative arrangement with multiple pendants with different lengths of flex or something?

Another DIY attempt found this evening during a call out to an elderly lady who had no working lights upstairs after she switched the bedroom light on and it went pop. Can anyone see why the lights might not be working upstairs after a lamp blew? :eek:
echo fuses.jpg
At least the fuse links were the correct size!

How the hell do people's brains operate? Even a complete novice surely would realise the fuse wire should be enclosed with in the carrier....obviously not!

This world is full of idiots and morons

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock