Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Any issues with this.........

Commercial install - Livingston West Lothian Scotland.

I was there doing Underfloor heating existing spur - had a quick look in board - no idea how recent this install was or who did it.

informed client (heating engineer) guarantee nothings been done by building owners.

View attachment 33603

View attachment 33604

View attachment 33605

View attachment 33606

View attachment 33607

View attachment 33608

View attachment 33609[/QUOTE
That's been shown as an insignificant problem with the currents involved in a domestic situation.
There's a Youtube film knocking about somewhere.

Maybe so but it's still bad practise

I stuck a board in last month, it was only a basic one in a detached garage but I still took the same care as I would anything else. Feel free to criticise!
View attachment 33628

Be careful posting pic's like this, it may give a few a reality check of how to make a job look professional and done with pride, if the average joe homeowner see's this then they will all expect this level and most sadly to say won't get anything near to it. :mamazed:

That's a disgusting install. What really gets on my ---- is at work we loose out on jobs because we are more expensive than the idckheads that throw this **** in. How lazy, preloaded board, just shove it on the wall as is and stick the wires where you need them, no care, no attention to detail. That's ignoring the madness at the supply end. :mad:

I stuck a board in last month, it was only a basic one in a detached garage but I still took the same care as I would anything else. Feel free to criticise!
View attachment 33628

Very Nice.
Just wondering....
Does that say armour on the sleeving of that cpc? How have you attached to armouring, is there a banjo on the outside of the enclosure?
Also, where is the 2nd neutral for circuit 2 - cant see it in the bar or is it just hidden behind?
Are the neutrals in ferrules? if so why have you used them? Aesthetics?
The neutral for circuit 4 looks larger than the live? in fact they all look the same size, is there a joint somewhere behind the breakers?
What is the 45A breaker supplying?, is it a hot tub or something?

Not being critical at all - nice work, obviously some care and attention to detail

Cheers

Andy

Be careful posting pic's like this, it may give a few a reality check of how to make a job look professional and done with pride, if the average joe homeowner see's this then they will all expect this level and most sadly to say won't get anything near to it. :mamazed:
Our prices are quite a bit higher than most of the local electrical companies, partly because there is a number of us as well as office staff, but I hope we offer value for money. It is sometimes difficult to compete with the huge number of local one-man-bands, some of which seem to get away with poor and non-compliant work, but we have enough work to keep us busy.

I have no intention of letting standards slip, or giving in to laziness, its f***ing hard and a slog sometimes, but I keep pushing myself to make sure every box is ticked. I'm an ugly scruffy git in real life, my car is old and needs a wash, and my hair is long and untidy and I'm certainly not perfect when it comes to electrical work. I still have to refer to the regs books and guides now and then and I've made my share of mistakes! But I still aim to work in a professional way and for my installations and repairs to be workman like. It's a great feeling having clients calling in for work, and asking for me to attend, as well as going back to an installation from 7,8, whatever years ago and being proud to say 'I installed that'. I live alone, I don't have any kids, when I die all I'll leave behind is the electrical installations I've installed over the years, that and the hundreds of times I've written my name and the date behind patresses, DBs, under floors... Does anyone else do that BTW? I often note the weather as well.

Very Nice.
Just wondering....
Does that say armour on the sleeving of that cpc?
It is written on the conductor attached to the banjo. The CPC is wrapped in G/Y tape as I ran out of sleeving large enough to fit. :(
How have you attached to armouring, is there a banjo on the outside of the enclosure?
There is a gland and the banjo is on the outside of the enclosure, connected with brass nut and bolt, outside so all brass in contact, better than a possibly rusty steel locknut in contact with the banjo.
Also, where is the 2nd neutral for circuit 2 - cant see it in the bar or is it just hidden behind?
It's not in the neutral bar it is in the neutral terminal on the RCBO. It is hidden behind the line conductors.
Are the neutrals in ferrules? if so why have you used them? Aesthetics?
Yes, the neutral flyleads from the RCBOs are in ferrules. I have used them as I shortened them to save space in the enclosure, which of course involves cutting off the manufacturers ferrule. Fine and very fine stranded conductors must be fitted with a ferrule unless the terminal is specifically designed to accept such a conductor, the flyleads are very fine stranded so ferrules must be used.
The neutral for circuit 4 looks larger than the live? in fact they all look the same size, is there a joint somewhere behind the breakers?
The neutral flyleads from the RCBOs are all the same size, the circuits neutral is connected to the RCBO it's 1.0mm, no joints in the consumer unit.
What is the 45A breaker supplying?, is it a hot tub or something?
It's 40A (CGD don't do a 45A for some reason) for an instantaneous undersink water heater.
Not being critical at all - nice work, obviously some care and attention to detail

Cheers

Andy
Thanks for the comments!

@Harwoodandy - Not sure what you are viewing the picture on regarding freddo's post but most of your questions are answered in the PIC, I can understand missing the flylead on the SWA on a phone sized screen but asking if the N are Ferruled when its more than obvious they are has confused me a little as did a few other questions you asked did o_O

just seen freddo's pic . lovely job there. that could be used as a "how to do it right" in a training programme.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock