SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pc1966

Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Sooo that neutral never made it into the wago and someone obviously wasn't an electrician as they had no earth sleeve, bit closer together under the tape and there would have been a horrible n-e fault to find as well!!
The N conductor looks seriously tarnished!

SparkySy

-
Arms
Esteemed
All the conductors were seriously corroded! They had a major damp problem apparently and had to have it sorted out, the old backbox was still in the scrap pile or what was left of it! It looked similar to this one that I took out for the other socket that was equally as bodged and naff!
IMG_20190814_1436280.jpg

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
All the conductors were seriously corroded! They had a major damp problem apparently and had to have it sorted out, the old backbox was still in the scrap pile or what was left of it! It looked similar to this one that I took out for the other socket that was equally as bodged and naff!
View attachment 59750
Had one last week with the plug basically rusted into the socket...

SparkySy

-
Arms
Esteemed
It amazes me what will still work, this install is probably 40 years old and apart from a newish consumer unit has not been touched. Still has the old coughtree swan neck outside lights and all sockets were the old mk type, mainly singles.
Snipped back the corroded wire and the tarnish didn't go much further that where it was exposed to air and damp. Surprisingly the insulation test came out ok as well! Re-terminated in a lovely wago box and put back into service!
Post automatically merged:

Another quality job
Caravan supplies no less!
I think it was very lucky for all the spike that is holding this aloft never touched anything live IMG_20200527_1430331.jpginside as the RCD did sweet fa! :eek: :eek:
IMG_20200527_1430473.jpg
Soon made that a bit safer!IMG_20200603_1613227.jpg
Before anyone comments, yes I did label it all with my trusty dymo!!

Last edited:

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
It’s bad enough that this sfcu is grouted into the tiles, until you see where it is.

FB70ECE4-5E35-484E-8DD6-B8BD95A966EB.jpeg

another pic taken a step back...

58211357-B6A4-4343-960F-51CBF3B04066.jpeg

Another step back and I’d be in the shower.

Luckily this point had been disconnected, and another placed through the wall outside the door. At one time this switched the towel rail heater.

(laughed when sfcu was autocorrected to “sexy”)

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Same house.
Old cooker hood used to be supplied from cooker switch.
Fused down? Yep.... an in-line car fuseholder and 5Amp fuse.
not connected, but evidence is still there.

9BD668F4-1E5E-4EA8-A9B3-7AF550A0F7F8.jpeg

Reply to Dodgy trade pic's for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Electrical Forum 26
J Electrical Forum 7
G Electrical Forum 16
JK-Electrical Electrical Forum 61
AlmondSauce Electrical Forum 15
Top Bottom