Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

To be fair it went pop in the evening so no places open to get a new one and he needed a shower.

He is replacing tomorrow and has isolated at the DB until its fixed. Still a bit mental though... :D

Not dodgy just annoying, when people pull t&e cable through a trunking system! Its takes up some much room!

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Found this today, nothing to do with where I was working. It's on a wall in an alleyway, bizarrely on the outside edge of the wall rather than on the garden side. Had volts stick to hand which detected something was likely still live, and it had another T&E coming out of it hidden from view. I was working next door though. Might pop a flyer through their door for future reference!
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20171228_100220 - EletriciansForums.net

Here's a beauty for you, originally this installation would have had two 4 way Wylex boards, one for cooker,sockets and lighting, the other off peak for two heating circuits and immersion heater. [The property is a small bungalow on a site of nearly 300, built around 35 years ago].
I've done quite a few CU upgrades at this development and was asked to look at this work of genius by the owner who was having trouble with the off peak underfloor heating.
A single enclosure was fitted for all circuits [around 8-10 years ago I'm told but no paperwork and they can't remember the name...] One of the neutral tails has been removed from the block in the meter cabinet and the 'main switch' isolates the off peak live but also the sole neutral so all 24 hour circuits stop working although still live !
Apart from that timers were fitted for the 3 off peak circuits which is ridiculous and there's an interesting 'busbar' using 2x 2.5 brown singles,also cables of various sizes have been extended using 6mm straightDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_2273.JPG - EletriciansForums.net through crimps. I'd love to know who the idiot was who carried out this atrocity but anyway I'm ripping it all out soon. :)

My local post office needs to get a grip of their data installers...

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DE9D96C8-B0A8-4047-9B70-0FFA79730174 - EletriciansForums.net

That looks much like the VIR I found in a property... it was accompanied by the question "Can I turn it on?" :)

I'd say this example is down to sunlight or general weathering.

Edit:- It's caused by heat/UV from the fluorescent tube... just noticed what it was tied to :)

This is indoor and a good 10m from natural light. Looks like heat from the 6’ floro tube has caused the insulation to fail.

I did point this out to the manager and she just shrugged at me, her profit lost when her data network fails on a busy day..,

Oh yeah, this is a public area and the cables are supported by sticky pads, this is an escape route but as usual the data chimps don’t care about fire supports etc.

Oh yeah, this is a public area and the cables are supported by sticky pads, this is an escape route but as usual the data chimps don’t care about fire supports etc.
Too right were using metal conduit saddles for PVC conduit on escape route and data come along and just tie their bunch of cables with plastic cable ties.

Too right were using metal conduit saddles for PVC conduit on escape route and data come along and just tie their bunch of cables with plastic cable ties.
to be fair though the pvc conduit will just melt and drip down the wall if there is a fire, leaving the nice metal saddles on the wall

This is indoor and a good 10m from natural light. Looks like heat from the 6’ floro tube has caused the insulation to fail.

This nylon choc block was brittle and falling apart after sitting on a fluorescent tube. Pretty certain it will be the UV from the tube. You don't get the same effect with things resting against hot water pipes; usually some melting, if anything.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 55-IMG_0380.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Couple from a lift motor room I have been working in this week circa 1950s. One a lift control panel, not dodgy but still operating with little evidence of alterations. The second a fused line/neutral switch fuse which has a socket connected from it, cpc cut out to boot.Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20180123_145002 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20180116_123124 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock