Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You have a meter, you have an MET!, you have a neutral bar, you have overcurrent protection you even have 300mA and 100mA RCD protection, I cant see a problem.
Oh not too sure on the OCPD for the left hand socket, but luckily the cable is in free air!:astonished::confused1::dizzy::fearscream:

Well at least they used earthing sleeve on the cpc’s.

Been asked to put this right, not sure if you can see one of the cables is bent tight over the capping, this was done by a time served electrician a couple of years ago before he retired. Had a quick look at the bonding did not take long as there is none:eek: nothing on the cold mains or the oil line. No RCD, no linked main switch, no supplementary, just a 6mm main earth from the PME cutout.

IMG_2444.jpg

Been asked to put this right, not sure if you can see one of the cables is bent tight over the capping, this was done by a time served electrician a couple of years ago before he retired. Had a quick look at the bonding did not take long as there is none:eek: nothing on the cold mains or the oil line. No RCD, no linked main switch, no supplementary, just a 6mm main earth from the PME cutout.

View attachment 45392
Are you just showing this install? or is there a question you want answered?

View attachment 45392

Did the person whose house that is, retire him?
I can't get my head around that paneling, dado/picture rail/coving configuration. What's occurring there?

Did the person whose house that is, retire him?
I can't get my head around that paneling, dado/picture rail/coving configuration. What's occurring there?
The panel is the side of a 300 larder unit so thats a cornice on the top, the sparky has chopped the caping and split the ring to power the boiler which is the other side of the larder unit and the fridge under the double socket, the t&e goes across the wall horizontally into a 20amp junction box no clips just hangs over the boiler, looks rough.

New kitchen cupboard in the way?
No mate, apparently it was a mobern kitchen so must have been fitted before they went bust in 2011.

Virtual pint to whomsoever can pick ALL the bones out of this beauty!!

Apparently bathroom fitter never finished the job so DIYer fitted a fan in loft but couldn't get it to work.

Had a quick look over it but need to cut into the ceiling in loft to see where they've junctioned in. Bathroom ceiling been dropped and JB (probably rats nest of twisted cables and tape) is now
inaccessible.

And you've guessed no cert.

fan switch.jpg

View attachment 45392
Time served!!!! :fearscream:

So, I arrive at terrace to fix some crook bathroom lights, 6 installed and 1 still works. Waste not, want not, I guess. Owner says new CU been fitted, goan show us I say.

Well, not the worst sight I've seen in an electrics cupboard. Then I flip the lid up and now I'm thinking the Last Fellow might've had a few sneaky sips while he worked :confused: .

IMG_1250.JPG

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock