Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Had their rep come down to sell their wares and all looked good but the product codes were wrong with what they demonstrated. they stated one code was rated at 40k per fixing when it was actually 20k. the fixing had a part that clips through unistrut (now known as the weak link) under load it just pulled through and once one had gone there was no stopping the rest running away. The 40k version actually just omits the unistrut clip and the wire is just sleeved and looped through a hole.
what type of fixing was it?

usually for us its raw bolted unistrut to ceiling then everything else hangs off that

Whatever they used it certainly wasn't Gaffer Tape !! [emoji23]
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

It was a product called zipclip. Basically you still a 6mm hole, then you have an eye bolt basically that you just bang in which none had failed then the wire comes off that

This is in a special needs school. Screwing a MCCB panel back to a wall is overkill anyway, so they just chucked it into a false ceiling void and spread the load across some battens. It’s still juiced up and been like that for over 20 years.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 00001 - EletriciansForums.net

At a secondary school, this is a MCB which has been siliconed onto the side of a dimmer unit enclosure. I spotted this within a month of the dimmer unit going in but all of a sudden everyone involved, from contractor to site service manager to governors suddenly turned into the three wise monkeys. They didn’t feel too clever though when the application for the entertainments licence was turned down because of it, and they had to cancel the show for which all the tickets had already been sold.

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! MCB siliconed onto enclosure - EletriciansForums.net
    MCB siliconed onto enclosure.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 2,245
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427235728.588181 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427235777.724189 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427235807.014364 - EletriciansForums.net

The first two are from when i used to follow plumbers around, good little earner that was.

The third one, well i just like the pipework

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427236648.326585 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427236699.991276 - EletriciansForums.net

Another skilfully completed job (in the eyes of a plumber)

Oh i forgot to add, hope that fuse never needs changing, or the spur inspecting in an eicr. (Just to clarify, i did move the spur and all associated wiring, and all the temp connections were already made when i arrived, because he wanted it tested so he could wrap up) i just laughed, then politely asked him to remove the boiler so i could access the spur.

that was left after builder crew doing new kitchen and downstairs work.
they had someone for new kitchen, and told the customer she needs another spark for big rewiring.
in the meanwhile reconnected it with some new cable,
fair choice from them and some work for me :)

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! walthamstow fusebox - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! walthamstow fusebox2 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock