Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Heating control - EletriciansForums.net
That’s enough monkey business for one day, I'm outta here….lol.
[video=youtube;tn6N8SidEg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6N8SidEg8[/video]

We have a thread running at present http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...urrent-17th-edition-regs-12v.html#post1093624 and the poster has uploaded some beauties to show...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! blown pyro supply - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Blown buried supply pyro! - EletriciansForums.net

Now this from what has been told was a buried service Pyro that was drilled thus the results so assume it was DNO fused at the extent of the blast.

The poster (a tenent not a sparks) said even he could have guessed the Pyro was there as it was evident where it entered... so award for DF of the year...

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! blown pyro supply - EletriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Blown buried supply pyro! - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
We have a thread running at present http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...urrent-17th-edition-regs-12v.html#post1093624 and the poster has uploaded some beauties to show...
View attachment 28743View attachment 28744

Now this from what has been told was a buried service Pyro that was drilled thus the results so assume it was DNO fused at the extent of the blast.

The poster (a tenent not a sparks) said even he could have guessed the Pyro was there as it was evident where it entered... so award for DF of the year...

They blew a few 100 amp fuses in the communal fuse cupboard, that is next to the main door to a block of flats

Here are some more from the alleged safe install & these were in plain sight to the Supervisor

In the 1st pic, you might just be able to make out the MICC PYRO cable under the orange cable clip at the bottom right of the board, it is close to the two wires though

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSCF1158 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSCF1230 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSCF1231 - EletriciansForums.net

These next two are of the temporary MICC PYRO cable
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSCF1174 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSCF1173 - EletriciansForums.net

This is how the fuse box looks now

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC00320 - EletriciansForums.net

EDIT:

I forgot to add the list of faults found within that installation was no less than 18, I was writing them down as inspector discovered them back in 2011 refurbishment program

1. Dust cover left over the Smoke Alarm
  2. Smoke Alarm wires exposed via a hole in living room ceiling
  3. Extractor fans are not wired correctly
  4. Missing and unchanged units for extractor fans (in airing cupboard)
  5. Extractor fans set to wrong settings
  6. Extractor fans not fitted correctly to the wall
  7. Possible wrong external wall vents for extractor fans 2 different types of vent exist at present time
  8. Cables in airing cupboard connected with a connector block, taped with insulation tape exposing the bare connections to the connector block (in airing cupboard)
  9. The hole drilled into the mains Mineral-insulated copper-clad cable (MICC PYRO) cable (in airing cupboard)
  10. The damage caused to the fuse box because of the hole drilled into the mains (MICC PYRO) cable (in airing cupboard)
  11. Earth cable incorrectly and loosely fitted to the main gas feed on gas meter to the boiler and cooker (in airing cupboard)
  12. When using the microwave the lights in the kitchen flickers
  13. There is a 13 amp fuse fitted instead of a 3 amp on a fused light switch
  14. Changed outer sections of light fittings but not the internal fittings
  15. Electrical cables exposed via a hole in airing cupboard ceiling (in airing cupboard)
  16. No trunking for cables adjacent to gas and water pipes (in airing cupboard)
  17. Cables are overhanging the prepay electric meter adjacent to where I place the payment key to top up or access emergency credit (in airing cupboard)
  18. Missing 3 blank off’s on the fuse box (in airing cupboard)

Only 2 weeks ago they got round to changing the vent grill from a flap type to a slotted type & said I had the wrong extractor fan in the bathroom as it should of been a humidistat, hence my query in the other thread & again the extractor fan in the kitchen was allegedly wired up incorrectly, now I have two speeds (Trickle & Fast, with switch in on position & 15 minute fast in the off position reverting back to a trickle) to the kitchen fan & no off switch unless I isolate it at the RCD & it turns off the main sockets.

The Bathroom fan shares the same RCD as the Lights & the Smoke alarm

All done by the Housing authority's alleged NICEIC sparks & the Housing Authority is also registered as NICEIC registered, that said when typed in the name of the Housing to http://www.checkmynotification.com/ the latest entry is in 2010 & nothing since

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock