Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Testing today with Wanda, I found a light with no cpc. Then the fun to find the problem - cpc at the CU and in the light and in the switch, but not joined up - must be a dodgy jb I thought. Found an ugly one, but not the problem. Isolated it down to the 5m cable run up to the light so I just replaced it. Stripped the old cable and found missing section of cpc ... a new one for me :)

View attachment 37107

That's a novel one, well found buddy :thumbsup:

Every tool or bit of kit needs a name,when my youngest son used to help me long before starting his apprenticeship maybe on a Saturday morning for an hour or two[probably around 10-12 years old at the time] I'd give the tools a name to aid recognition, the bradawl to this day is Bradley Wiggins then we have Paddy the padsaw, Percy the pliers and my favourite MC Hammer to name just a few. :D

Bet that smelt lovely when it went :eek::)

What's with the fuse wire Tel ?, Do it right & use some fence wire :p:D

I fitted a DB a while back, it had an RCBO it it, and in the RCBO box was the usual information sticker, It wasn't until yesterday until I actually read what it said. The new type RCBOs are not supplied with a sticker any more.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! upload_2017-7-1_17-39-38 - EletriciansForums.net

Replacing another DB in the same place, the old one seems to have suffered a small burnout where someone forgot to do up the neutral test link.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! upload_2017-7-1_21-55-14 - EletriciansForums.net

In the same board the main switch was replaced with an RCD at some point, outgoing neutral was connected to the neutral bar with 3 cores from the inside of a 2.5mm armour. Quality from start to finish.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! upload_2017-7-1_21-55-52 - EletriciansForums.net
Nice boards Merlin, the new Schneider are nothing in comparison, look pretty on the outside but poorly designed. The idiot that thought putting the earth bars in layers needs a good kicking, especially when it comes to the larger boards that have 3 layers! Saying that I'd rather fit one of these than the flimsy Hager 3ph boards.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! upload_2017-7-1_22-6-59 - EletriciansForums.net
I'm part way through with the replacement, but need to fit the correct meter add on kit as the one supplied is wrong, Fortunately the 35mm supply armour had loads of slack so I was able to leave the conductors long ready for the correct meter. Still some bits to alter and labels to add etc.

Replacing another DB in the same place, the old one seems to have suffered a small burnout where someone forgot to do up the neutral test link.
View attachment 37120

In the same board the main switch was replaced with an RCD at some point, outgoing neutral was connected to the neutral bar with 3 cores from the inside of a 2.5mm armour. Quality from start to finish.
View attachment 37121
Nice boards Merlin, the new Schneider are nothing in comparison, look pretty on the outside but poorly designed. The idiot that thought putting the earth bars in layers needs a good kicking, especially when it comes to the larger boards that have 3 layers! Saying that I'd rather fit one of these than the flimsy Hager 3ph boards.
View attachment 37122
I'm part way through with the replacement, but need to fit the correct meter add on kit as the one supplied is wrong, Fortunately the 35mm supply armour had loads of slack so I was able to leave the conductors long ready for the correct meter. Still some bits to alter and labels to add etc.
Get shot of those cable ties look bloody awful

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock