Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Looking at remedials following a EICR by someone else. Most of the report was ok but they had C1 for no bonding to plastic water supply pipe. And for some reason said it was TNCS...pic below... The pitch covered fabric (or whatever it is) isn't even stripped back...
The best bit was the gas pipework; the meter is outside and I saw what I thought was a bonding cable on it. But the cable simply goes down the wall by five feet and then I realised that it has it's own dedicated earth rod!

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20190509_100207 - EletriciansForums.net

Looks a bit home made - is that a car radiator hose clamp been repurposed?

I didn't manage to climb in any further to see the other side of the cable properly due to the cupboard being full of clutter, although it didn't seem to be biting into the cable. I spent two hours on site going through the defects and working out possible cable routes for quoting. It's a commercial property (and will need to be largely done out of office hours).
It has three floors of lighting that are wired in twin vir with the conduit serving as the CPC. More crumbly than a flake in places. Some of the switchgear I have never seen before. Will take more pics if I get the job.
All three floors of lights are on the same B16. No emergency lights either, and this place gets a lot of Joe public foot traffic.
Isolator for main lights.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20190509_105733 - EletriciansForums.net

I have seen these Isos before, but some of the other bits probably belong in Lucien's museum!

Not mine but this was just posted on another forum.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Those cable clips...self adhesive, metal with a plastic coating...if you made a small hole in the base and screwed through to the blockwork, would they be fire-rated against premature failure?

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock