Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Also noted while I was there that the extract fan has no ducting to the exterior at all and instead vents through a 4 inch wall straight into the staff kitchenette via a shutter! There's a list of other electrical and building work horrors that the builder has done on behalf of the new tenants. It beggars belief what some people will accept and pay for.

Another little one from me (but worth a mention). Old lamp column. BS1361 fuse clearly failed / lost an end cap at some point. Fuse wire wrapped around the old one.(NB I did replace with the correct fuse)

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20190819_145851 - EletriciansForums.net

Don't know what's worse, the missing cover on the esco, the link between neutral and earth after the meter or the fact that someone has managed to install a new board whilst this still exists and didn't even bother with a glam for the tails.

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20190523_102343 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190523_102343.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 220
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20190523_102343 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190523_102343.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 246
I have probably got in stock a replacement fuse carrier for that.
send me the dimensions and I will check.

will cost you a beer to cover the postage.

In a HMO somebody has been very creative with bypassing the meter, so they unscrewed the neutral in the incomer covered it in tape then shoved it back in, used the earth as the neutral as its a pme system, completely butchering the cu in the process.

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0426 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0426.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 187
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0427 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0427.jpg
    635.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0428 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0428.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0429 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0429.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0430 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0430.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 178
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0435 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0435.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0440 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0440.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 171
Oh I see now, operating the MCB enables/disables the meter. I didn't realise the busbar wasn't into the breaker with the earth wire. Hope they have been reported...

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock