Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

In a lovely old pump room [may share photos in another post if anyones interested as it's generally in excellent condition]. Lighting still wired in VIR singles. More recently someone has spliced in with harmonised singles to supply a row of T5 flourescents in an adjacent building...see the crushed and sweaty looking VIR neutrals below.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20191017_143720 - EletriciansForums.net

Saw a load of old conduit wiring and thought oh no rubber. It turned out to be fabric covered plastic insulation. The telephone cables hacked into the box and the earth tapped off of the lid screw were less positive. Insulation and earth loop readings were excellent throughout the installation.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Conduit - EletriciansForums.net

Do you reckon someone's done that as a DIY meter move? Can see the gas board doing that.

Do you reckon someone's done that as a DIY meter move? Can see the gas board doing that.
Nope.
When I left today at about 3 o'clock, I told the householder to call British Gas and report it. It was changed a couple of years ago.
Got a call at 5.00.....they were on site changing it. What a response!
Only problem now is a L-E short on the shower circuit. That lot's low down in a kitchen corner unit :rolleyes:
Another bit of a job helping someone out.

Last edited:
View attachment 53380

Just a observation whilst onsite.
Amusement, I'm shocked, what on earth is going on here, whoever did that want's His / Her tools confiscated and sent back to school for further instruction , awful really awful work. love to see the installation pr EICR cert covering that abomination, going to the bathroom for some anti nausea medication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amusement, I'm shocked, what on earth is going on here, whoever did that want's His / Her tools confiscated and sent back to school for further instruction , awful really awful work. love to see the installation pr EICR cert covering that abomination, going to the bathroom for some anti nausea medication.
Pete, your post has been edited as we are stamping out the pointing of fingers towards people that take the short course route into the industry.

found today. new water meter installed. incomimg water is plastic. then copper from stop cock to meter. then plastic from meter to copper in house. united utilities installed bond from copper before meter to plastic after. fair to the guy who told customer it was pointless, but his boss says that's whathe has to do. .the mind boggles

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! useless - EletriciansForums.net
    useless.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 176
Customer:
“So, mr telectrix.... you were in the cupboard last taking a photo of the water meter. What happened to my 4 bottles of wine?”

Tel:
“What wine?....what cupboard?..... wasn’t me, m’lud”

Shocking really the levels of incompetence, he hasn't fitted the do not remove labels to the clamps.

I should go careful there tel.

that looks like a witches broom in the corner, don't want to upset her and get turned into a frog!

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock