Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Promised I'd replace the neighbours PIR light outside their garage. One look at the quality of the installation in there (Pic 1) told me what he soon confimed "yeah, a young lad I used to know from the pub did it for me a few years ago. I think he was training". Hmm. Anyway it was on a B32, extended from an existing house RFC- continuity of which was surprisingly still there. However, it goes to show the importance of visual. Pic 2 is a floating JB that I just had to open - straight off the 2.5mm RFC, unfused twin live 1.0mm (amazing that whoever did this had twin brown!) as a switch drop, then returned to a 5ft florry with the neutral via ths JB. This had nothing to do with the outside light - I found that in Pic 3 - more of that twin brown (with some blue masking tape to loosely inicate the neutral) unfused off the back of the socket below.

Anyway, 5 minute job takes me a good few hours. JB removed and replaced with 5a unswitched FCU, supplying rewired internal and external lighting. Oh and I even levelled up the sockets - neighbourly relations and all.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20190824_102729 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20190824_093855 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20190824_102824 - EletriciansForums.net

I think the DNO needs to be involved,

main fuse missing.

also looks like something has been on fire?

wonder what horror lies beneath that newish looking concrete.

it's great when you need to pull the main fuse and discover that the seals are missing anyway. ;)

also, i take it back, not a fire. just a lot of dirt!!

just read the sub note, didn't realise that was a Henley, thought originally it was MET.

Its been a Long day!

Last edited:
it's great when you need to pull the main fuse and discover that the seals are missing anyway. ;)

also, i take it back, not a fire. just a lot of dirt!!
I’ll admit the fairies visit me a lot but on this occasion they had been and long gone ?

Ha ha yep that’ll be perfectly clear for the next poor sod?....is me or the picture or have they put the lines and neutrals in together?
No, they're those cheap and nasty sockets with the N terminal at the bottom and L ath the top, dead handy for testing.

Brown is the colour of earth, when you’re talking about soil. You can see how they got confused with it.

I’m surprised they bothered to use any trunking.

By the look of the slatted wall, would this be in perhaps a shop of some kind?

Brown is the colour of earth, when you’re talking about soil. You can see how they got confused with it.

I’m surprised they bothered to use any trunking.

By the look of the slatted wall, would this be in perhaps a shop of some kind?
Little shop of horrors.

Where I found the Fig 8 ring.

They wanted new sockets everywhere.

Took one look at the board and above the ceiling and said new circuits in a new board, I aint touching that.

Literally every place I looked was wrong, everywhere.

New RCBO board, 5 new circuits, 22 DSOs, cert and walk away advising them the rest needs attention.

Wouldn’t have thought so....plastic feet on a wooden floor (upstairs) with plastic tap tails......I reckon wet pants took and old steel bath out and panicked
Maybe thought he got a belt off the bath only realising later he had smacked his funny bone on the waste pipe.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock