Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You are not alone.

In one building I regularly work in they have
-a locked door with a neat, clearly legible, label on it identifying it as the electrical intake. Seems pretty self explanatory yes? No, some muppet with a clipboard from head office came round and insisted that this bright yellow 'warning high voltage' sticker be put on the door.
-doors opening into a cable riser on each floor, no DBs or anything else in there, just a couple of trays and some trunking, the doors are kept locked and everyone who needs to know what's in there knows. Along comes the clipboard wielding womble and now there's these hideous (wonky) yellow stickers warning the world of the high voltage inside.

davesparks and julie,
I intend to fit gland on incomer, for cable restraint ,but waiting til I fit new cable/
Sadly it's Men's Shed Charity and has had to close due to the coronavirus, which is a bummer.

However...
View attachment 56395
and today I have worked out how to print these labels onto standard Avery sheets!
YAY!
[automerge]1584394267[/automerge]
baddegg and static...I'm working on it!

Arrh

I hate that warning label, it's the worse one of all the ones we're supposed to add!

At least the others make some sense.

Should have gone with the "stairs can go down as well as up" option

More useful than the wiring colours!!

I just noticed you warning label IS HELD ON WITH SELLOTAPE!!!! Never mind wonky.... sello-flippin’-tape!

I thought you were a pro....

Was sent this earlier via 'Pro Elec'.
Ee Ba Gum...that's tasty!!!
View attachment 56397
When you combine two things, such as a spoon and a fork, it's usual to create a portmanteau such as spork (although others create it the other way around as foon).

Since this is a clever way of combining a fork and a bracket perhaps it should be called a Fo'cket.

The guy obviously just thought Fo'cket when he did the job!

First of all, I hate labels! I do have to satisfy a "spreadsheet" mentality however...
and yes, I hang my head in shame for using sellotape but that's what was to hand...

On the fork thingy, does anyone remember "Splayds"?
I thought they were a 70s thing, but apparently they are still on the market...

That fire exit pic tho...o_Oo_Oo_O

That door needs a sign on the push-bar such as "fire exit, push to exit"

Or else no-one will know how to use it or what it is!

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200318_201042_192 - EletriciansForums.net

Very nasty little widowmaker found above a ceiling. One klik rose was perm for emergency, other was switched supply from PIR. Previous installer had bridged the lives together in the fitting in the switched terminal - so the emergency side had never worked anyway, and pins of either klik plug were live when the other was unplugged.

In a school. Honestly they're the worst for it. Big "maintenance" firms smashing the remedials out with so many layers of people that there's basically no accountability.

I have come across this several times where a big bunched bundle of 2.5 red / black singles are being used as tails...
at first I was cursing the badger who installed such an abomination.
but after My initial shock horror I kinda had to stand back and admire the handwork.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock