Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_0856 - EletriciansForums.net

Fantastic job today going to fit a new control panel, PME the sign indicates. No earth available for me to connect to is there. Called out DNO who turned up to tell me "yes it PME, I can tell by the cable and cut out". "Thanks for that how am I going to connect my earth to it"? "That's not my problem the earth is there". "Yea awesome thanks for that, how am I going to connect to it"? "Well I could put an earth terminal in if you want but you will have to pay for it". "Thanks that what I called you out for I need an main earth terminal to connect to".

Got that sorted then go to remove old panel found this !Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_0860.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Yep no flipping earth at all through the lot that earth core being used as L2 is about as close as it gets. F00k it (I don't carry enough spares to sort this out) pulled the fuses and left for the weekend. I'll go Back Monday as I've got some great contractors booked in to replace the lot from the cut out on.

Isn't that the type of cutout that has a little knockout in the side of the neutral section to connect the earth to?
I think the right hand fuse has to be removed to gain access to the screw that holds on the cover over the N-E terminals even though you can knockout for cable access from the outside of the head.

you can't remove the cover for the neutral/earth without the third fuse being removed the neutral cover also has a seal through it. That's why I called them out. To be honest after a half hour conversation I just gave up the chap clearly couldn't understand what I had an issue with. I'm very fortunate that we have instant access to the DNO and they will always come out as a priority, unfortunately it doesn't include any guarantee of who they send.

I don't think I would have used that board for that task.
I agree like I said couple of photos for the job sheet and tools packed up and gone.

I visit this site frequently and previous was a board not dissimilar i suspect it was upsold with a recent refurb.

Noticed this today, newish db install supplied with paralleled 10mm2 singles. Moeller unit with only one Moeller device, no blanks. The outgoing cables were just tied to nearby pipes and cables, or just left hanging. Looking at the small earth block, it is likely strands were cut out to make the earth conductors fit, they have very small terminal holes. There is 2 large AC units, 4X 3KW water heaters, 2x 8.5KW showers, a ring final and a lighting circuit connected here. Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! m - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! m1 - EletriciansForums.net

Cable and wall look unsightly?

No worries just cover it with some trellis and it’ll be right...
[automerge]1589312955[/automerge]
Cable and wall look unsightly?

No worries just cover it with some trellis and it’ll be right...

Won’t attach photo’s ???

Working on a 1950s semi. Did have a dual RCD board. Upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits. Upgraded to an RCBO board and individually the lighting circuits started tripping. This is the two gang switch on the landing which is two way with switches on the ground floor controlling hall and landing lights.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DCE4827E-B355-402E-8DB2-F67F10B54514 - EletriciansForums.net

More mundane, rodent damage, the cable failed the insulation test.!
There was more damage round the corner where the cable went up into the roof.
Now replaced with SWA.
To my surprise I discovered that Flexishield make cat-urine flavoured cables to deter rodents, probably easier to fit than SWA:

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock