Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Brand new install. This is what they did today. Rather than change the Tee to a elbow, even had a spare elbow, they just (badly) cut the trunking around the tee.240V cable in left trunking, 24V fire alarm on the right, both go up into the ceiling. Easy access from above.
[automerge]1593118840[/automerge]
Installed today. I would not have the cheek to leave it pi**ed like that. Only MDF, so no excuse.Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! yeehaa2JPG.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! yeehaa1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    yeehaa1.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 101
That’s dog poop that. Looks awful.
I’ve had to crowbar a old board off the Wall today to replace it due to tonnes and tonnes of fire foam used in the top of it. Then had to go into the eves of a loft to ---- about getting the foam out of the hole and the cables clean at about midday. Came out looking like I’d done a morning swim.

Brand new install. This is what they did today. Rather than change the Tee to a elbow, even had a spare elbow, they just (badly) cut the trunking around the tee.240V cable in left trunking, 24V fire alarm on the right, both go up into the ceiling. Easy access from above.
[automerge]1593118840[/automerge]
Installed today. I would not have the cheek to leave it pi**ed like that. Only MDF, so no excuse.View attachment 59036
and those faceplate screws are all over the place.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! yeehaa1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
Too lazy to swap a tee for an elbow. It was their mess up in the first place, they had run their high level horizontal trunking the full length, blocking other services and even removing my cabling that was coming through the ceiling. It had all been agreed, their stuff on the left and mine on the right, even marked as such.
Trunking to the left has 240V mains, on the right is 24V fire alarm, but they have also now run 240V mains in the right hand side to feed the two fused spurs.

Will the NICEIC be bothered if I reported it & asked them to come & inspect?
Rest of their work is dog s*** also.
[automerge]1593120278[/automerge]
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0001.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

This is their new wiring in the loft, the grey and red cables. On the other side of the wooden wall is a hall, they have strung their cables from the rafters, using offcuts of T&E with a screw through it for cable supports.

Last edited:
Will the NICEIC be bothered if I reported it & asked them to come & inspect?
Doubt it - anecdotally they don't seem to be bothered unless it's so obviously dangerous that they can't find a reason to ignore it. Can you argue that segregation has been lost between your ELV cabling and their mains.

... they have strung their cables from the rafters, using offcuts of T&E with a screw through it for cable supports.
Plastic coated metal hangers then :)

Doubt it - anecdotally they don't seem to be bothered unless it's so obviously dangerous that they can't find a reason to ignore it. Can you argue that segregation has been lost between your ELV cabling and their mains.

Plastic coated metal hangers then :)

seen the old off cuts cable hangers loads of times usually just nailed to the joist...
it’s not a bad way to bunch cables and to hold them up in place.
i have even done it myself when I was out of all round band.
:)

I was instantly inclined to the same view as Julie...however, paper like that, if properly hung, could designate the prescribed zones...you'd just have to get the stripes in the right places...

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock