Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It’s fairly easy to burn pvc cable if you pull another cable against it Too hard...
I wouldnt be happy with the burned Cable...but unfortunately It’s fairly typical to see This sort of thing

It’s fairly easy to burn pvc cable if you pull another cable against it Too hard...
I wouldnt be happy with the burned Cable...but unfortunately It’s fairly typical to see This sort of thing

Anyone who treats coax cable like that would not be fitting an aerial for me. I hate to think what his terminations are like.

Less dodgy, more just stupidity courtesy of one of our “multi-skilled” technicians. Bear in mind the multi-skilled guy has an electrician to guide them on their shift and they supposedly checked all this together!

Yesterday a cooling fan wasn’t working, they went to it and reported back at shift change when we started that the contactor needed replacing because it wasn’t coming in. We asked if they checked the voltage at the coil “yeah, 230” was the answer.

I suspect not somehow, but at least we know why it isn’t coming in...

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 36152B2A-3831-4778-9262-3D7840B47620 - EletriciansForums.net

The machine wasn’t needed until this afternoon so we left it for them to wire up the coil this morning, and hopefully learn something in the process.

They wired the coil into a nearby transformer in the machine. We got called back just after shift change for cooling fan not working and “smell of burning”. That’ll be 230 through the 110 coil then.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! A8CBFB28-D1C9-4C4D-98D4-8CD81298089C - EletriciansForums.net

In fairness the almost identical machine next to it was wired the same way, just went into a 230v coil.

Reminds me of the time I got called out because the new contactor coils weren't lasting long on a roof fan. I couldn't get the on-site maintenance bloke to understand that 240V coils don't work well when fed with 415V. 'But there's a neutral there!' he kept saying. That blue wire was of course L3.... Amazingly all 3? he tried lasted over a work day under those conditions.

Back when I was a rookie, I was given a 230/400v motor to fit on a machine.
It lasted almost 2 weeks before it gave up.
I had wired it in delta because my total lack of understanding led me to believe that star was only for starting a motor.

Boss was not happy but I learned a valuable lesson!

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock