Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Got called out because customer couldn't reset RCD after attempting to put up shelving.
View attachment 59240
6 months earlier I was called to the same fault at the same house.
View attachment 59241
Scatter bombs approach,
Drill enough holes and your bound to get one eventually.
Maybe the home owner just liked your smile?

Oh got the call, my Mcb keeps blowing. Went to his house. Asked have you made any alterations to your house lately, like pictures on the wall, or things screwed to the wall. He informed me a electrician changed the sockets in his extention. I have no idea how he left without noticing. Lol
[automerge]1593899825[/automerge]
They forgot the grommet too!
And single sleeved the earth's lol

Last edited:
Oh got the call, my Mcb keeps blowing. Went to his house. Asked have you made any alterations to your house lately, like pictures on the wall, or things screwed to the wall. He informed me a electrician changed the sockets in his extention. I have no idea how he left without noticing. Lol
For electrician read embarrassed homeowner in trouble with his mrs! ?

Boooom! Found this Friday.
Give credit where credit is due, they've done their best to not to mix 'old' and 'new' colours in the same terminal ;)
[automerge]1593948080[/automerge]
Got called out because customer couldn't reset RCD after attempting to put up shelving.

6 months earlier I was called to the same fault at the same house.
Would love to see a follow up photo once shelving is done....could be a work of art...

Mine was an old cooker hood I took down. Supply had been taken diagonally from a socket above worktop.
Whoever put the old hood up managed to drill through the cpc of a t&e... the rawl plug acted as an isolator between the L and N which hadn’t been cut.
Hood worked, just never been earthed.
View attachment 59343
classic. i had one the other week, rawlplug and screw through L courtesy of kevin. screw was live, so he stuck some tape over the screw head and told customer it;s safe now. FFS.

It’s amazing the amount of times someone manages to put a screw / nail through a buried cable breaking the cpc and only just scraping the live and neutral Cores...
Failing to trip the mcb & leaving the cable live but without an earth beyond the hole.
perhaps buried cables should be of screened type so the cpc is fully around the inner cores..

Mine was an old cooker hood I took down. Supply had been taken diagonally from a socket above worktop.
Whoever put the old hood up managed to drill through the cpc of a t&e... the rawl plug acted as an isolator between the L and N which hadn’t been cut.
Hood worked, just never been earthed.
View attachment 59343

I thought I’d uploaded this pic before.....

From this....

Source URL: Someone was a lucky so and so - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/someone-was-a-lucky-so-and-so.174087/

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock