Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Not a tv point. It’s a flex outlet plate. (Controlled by sfcu above)
I moved it over and changed it to a socket.
is cable still in a prescribed zone? if not, chances are kevin will miss it with his drill/nails.

Chasing a bloody IR of 0.08 all day. Eventually found this, boiler had nicked the neutral when fitted aswell. Sorted it out and then had a reading of 0.14 ? found a RCD spur shortly after. Now 999MOhms all good. Had to do a joint in the old yellow insulation in shorts, looked like I’d been swimming when I came out

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 3265E76A-7B2C-4038-9DF5-690BC39A98C8 - EletriciansForums.net
    3265E76A-7B2C-4038-9DF5-690BC39A98C8.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20532190-BF8C-4C4F-94D0-06281BDD9835 - EletriciansForums.net
    20532190-BF8C-4C4F-94D0-06281BDD9835.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 0864D8EF-6B02-4CB8-B017-4E68F8089068 - EletriciansForums.net
    0864D8EF-6B02-4CB8-B017-4E68F8089068.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! EA607FDD-3D14-46F2-B0EC-B3E3AC948B52 - EletriciansForums.net
    EA607FDD-3D14-46F2-B0EC-B3E3AC948B52.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 178
Gas Safe - Brain Dead. how am i supposed to test when i can't get the cover off?

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! gas safe - EletriciansForums.net
    gas safe.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 158
I think there's been a few of these posted, one from this morning's EICR:

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200722_091032 - EletriciansForums.net

Plumbing on this recent second floor flat is all in plastic, but it would have been a shame not to connect the bonding cable to something ...

Went to fit bathroom downlights this morning... plumbers there doing the wet stuff.

“joiners been and put up the new ceiling”....

one of those easy clean plastic board things. I have a quick look.

“so where’s the cables?”

“in the attic? The joiner poked them up”

Right..... so they’ve been without lights in their bathroom all weekend..

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! BD0E8E97-0001-4B7E-ACA7-E35F717A8F97 - EletriciansForums.net

I’ve pulled them up into the attic. They were jammed between ceiling and plastic

20A DP switch. FCU was elsewhere but he still managed to blow the fuse in it. The 3036 at the board didnt pop tho

View attachment 59731
Apprentice turned this on this morning (panel heater) there was a loud bang and flash (and he shat his pants) :tearsofjoy:
Tell him it is illegal to turn on a panel heater in July. He should be warm enough, running around with your tea & biscuits.

Today's quick job put 2 sockets onto a new plasterboard wall in a house that someone else started and didn't come back. First socket no power before fitting, mmm what's occurring here then? Luckily not skimmed out as the board had to come off, and oh dear! That's not how you use wagos!!
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200727_0954517 - EletriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200727_0957274 - EletriciansForums.net
Sooo that neutral never made it into the wago and someone obviously wasn't an electrician as they had no earth sleeve, bit closer together under the tape and there would have been a horrible n-e fault to find as well!!

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock