Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Should have used a metalclad switch!
Don’t think that would’ve saved it the whole building was leaning ?, in his defence I did tell the customer it was him cutting that that caused it....it didn’t help that they’d basically balanced the building like a seesaw and then loaded all the furniture one end! ?

I was there replacing that over painted switch with a plain plastic white one.

The book was printed in 1986. It describes lighting circuits as either joint box, or loop in method. No mention of neutrals at switches. Just wasn't done back in the days of the 15th
or was it 14th??

Still couldn't have a spur from a spur though.. ;)

I was there replacing that over painted switch with a plain plastic white one.

The book was printed in 1986. It describes lighting circuits as either joint box, or loop in method. No mention of neutrals at switches. Just wasn't done back in the days of the 15th
or was it 14th??

Still couldn't have a spur from a spur though.. ;)
15th

It was published in 1981, but was a big change from the 14th and had a lot of resistance in acceptance, so ended up with a long transition period

I have several books based around the 15th edition. It certainly seems like a practical and well thought out edition, far from the madness of the 18th!

Well it introduced the rfc testing we know and love today, sort of replaced the course and close protection with the concepts we use now, and introduced the whole adiabatic thing.

Of course in the main it brought uk regs in line with the rest of the world!

Hence the resistance for change when it was introduced!

Seen in Dobbies cafe recently:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_5454.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
They could have extended/replaced the PVC conduit to the beam supporting the light.

They could have clipped it to the roofing (admittedly probably a water leak risk)

But instead they looped the cable, cable tied it and used it to support the ceiling rose, not the other way round!
[automerge]1599516523[/automerge]
Yes, I know. Most normal people notice the 2-for-1 deal on cream scones...

Seen in Dobbies cafe recently:
View attachment 60668
They could have extended/replaced the PVC conduit to the beam supporting the light.

They could have clipped it to the roofing (admittedly probably a water leak risk)

But instead they looped the cable, cable tied it and used it to support the ceiling rose, not the other way round!
[automerge]1599516523[/automerge]
Yes, I know. Most normal people notice the 2-for-1 deal on cream scones...

Dobbies is far too expensive for me, even the price of something simple like a small hosepipe fitting is ridiculous.

Last time I went for such a fitting it cost two breakfasts, a 3 for the price of two cake deals, luxury biscuits, a wide assortment of condiments we never actually ended up using, some exotic wines and beers (which we did!).......

Not to mention the time spent in the overpriced clothing section...

All garden centres are the same. Overpriced tat and things nobody want or needs from JML.

Only recently when we had the Eat Out to Help Out off in the restaurant, coupled with a free hot drink on a loyalty card thing, that we got two meals and two coffees for less than the price of my fish and chips on its own.

I really try to avoid them normally. The family either comes home with a little cactus or a new guinea pig

I was there as a friend of mine had their loyalty card which gives you two "free" cups of coffee each month, for £10/year. So that is a good deal.

But the cakes...

I went to my local Dobbies last week, with the intention of buying a Dalduff Farm steak pie and some seafood from the Loch Fyne supplier...I could almost taste it!
[automerge]1599592637[/automerge]
But...no! All independent traders have gone and it's now a Sainsburys...
Gutted!

Gutted!
My prediction for the UK in 50 years time... All land covered with housing, interspersed with supermarkets, nail bars/hair dressers, Amazon warehouses and 'designated' recreation parks with 10 mins per day allowance.

I went to my local Dobbies last week, with the intention of buying a Dalduff Farm steak pie and some seafood from the Loch Fyne supplier...I could almost taste it!
[automerge]1599592637[/automerge]
Gutted!

The Livingston one is still there, but the Loch fyne place has been replaced by an ice cream thing I think.

It turns out each of these places - such as a butchers, bakers........... and seafood - all rent the retail part they use (at high rates I would assume) from Dobbies.

zerax,. i hear you...I won't be here in 50 years, but things are heading the way you say...

Julie, I can get to Livingston ok, but it's a long way for a steak pie...fortunately there's another excellent butcher in helensburgh...my local guy makes a good pie but it's just not the same.
I'd rather have some bradan rost than a pistachio ice-cream...but we are being fed, literally, a diet of cheap food,and it's not helping on the obesity front (says he who loves steak pie!)

zerax,. i hear you...I won't be here in 50 years, but things are heading the way you say...

Julie, I can get to Livingston ok, but it's a long way for a steak pie...fortunately there's another excellent butcher in helensburgh...my local guy makes a good pie but it's just not the same.
I'd rather have some bradan rost than a pistachio ice-cream...but we are being fed, literally, a diet of cheap food,and it's not helping on the obesity front (says he who loves steak pie!)

It's not worth a journey initself, but if you happen to be passing on the M8 ...

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock