Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Well that's how it started out life anyway. I'm not sure how well it would work after the retrofit 2.5mm links were installed though. ^^

What was it's tripping time? about 6 1/2 years?
Whats the fuse rating of 2.5mm I wonder... Less than the DNO fuse I guess, so at least there is some selectivity!
[automerge]1601318234[/automerge]
What was it's tripping time? about 6 1/2 years?
Longer than the MFT's batteries will last I'd guess :)

Loving this thread. Quickly understanding why electricians have jack all good to say about plumbers.
Maybe because they they get it wrong so many times...

I built a control panel 2.1m tall, exactly according to design. it was installed exactly as designed as were loads of other services.
Plumber [except we decided he wanted a posher name - pipe fitter] came along and decided his 4" pipe would be better in a different place to the design and cut 6" off the top of the panel doors and some of the top. Panel had a fairly big 3ph supply ~800A, the swarf knocked out 2 of the supply fuses but he carried on and fitted his pipe.

I love it when you can see multiple installation methods in one example.
In case the pic isn't clear, we have SWA in corrugated conduit, exposed, from the ground up to about 2m, then it's cemented in for a bit, then it emerges and is sort-of cleated for the rest of the run.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20201009_131926666 - EletriciansForums.net

I love it when you can see multiple installation methods in one example.
In case the pic isn't clear, we have SWA in corrugated conduit, exposed, from the ground up to about 2m, then it's cemented in for a bit, then it emerges and is sort-of cleated for the rest of the run.
View attachment 61305
Someone came back to fix the cabling and realised he'd forgotten his tall ladder?

Not as daft as it looks at first.
Above 2m someone's decided it can be surface mounted. Below that they wanted it buried. So they've used conduit (good), and cemented that into a channel. It looks a lot like the bottom of the render has fallen off the wall - so that could have taken the cement covering over the conduit with it when it fell off.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock