Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Why use a proprietary wiring centre joint box for your heating when there’s a perfectly good one gang box......
At least they tiled round the box. This was from a mate's house, took some effort fishing that choc block out :
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Controller - EletriciansForums.net
For good measure, we also had the old "number of cables & core colours here are different to what we find at the other end" trick - when we ripped out the odl kitchen units we found the JB where the old boiler had been.
Found today while on a job, upfront RCD protecting the whole installation. Anyone for reverse polarity? ?‍♂️
Does that actually matter (much) ? They haven't actually swapped it round at this device, and the RCD won't care.

I don't know how much is my monitor and how much is my eyesight, but it looks like at the top there's brown in the right hand terminal, and green in the left. At the bottom I really can't see what is in the right hand terminal, but it looks like black on the left. So I'd assumed it was L on the right and N on the left - i.e. the opposite of the markings on the RCD.
Ah, turned f.lux* off, I see the top-left is now blue. Ah again, I can now see what you mean on the bottom.

* For those that don't know it, f.lux is a package that dims the screen (especially the blues) based on time of day. So you get less blue light telling your brain that it's mid day when working on a screen in the evening. Have to say, regardless of whether it's right or not about the effect of blue light on sleep patterns, it's a lot easier to work with when all around is going dark - this full brightness mode I'm on now is hard on the eyes.

I don't know how much is my monitor and how much is my eyesight, but it looks like at the top there's brown in the right hand terminal, and green in the left. At the bottom I really can't see what is in the right hand terminal, but it looks like black on the left. So I'd assumed it was L on the right and N on the left - i.e. the opposite of the markings on the RCD.
Ah, turned f.lux* off, I see the top-left is now blue. Ah again, I can now see what you mean on the bottom.

* For those that don't know it, f.lux is a package that dims the screen (especially the blues) based on time of day. So you get less blue light telling your brain that it's mid day when working on a screen in the evening. Have to say, regardless of whether it's right or not about the effect of blue light on sleep patterns, it's a lot easier to work with when all around is going dark - this full brightness mode I'm on now is hard on the eyes.
is that flux package free?

I love it when you can see multiple installation methods in one example.
In case the pic isn't clear, we have SWA in corrugated conduit, exposed, from the ground up to about 2m, then it's cemented in for a bit, then it emerges and is sort-of cleated for the rest of the run.
View attachment 61305
If it's swa I see they decided that SWA glands were too difficult to fit as well...

The washing line above it is particularly artistic with it's 45 degree slope as well

Am I being daft?

Only problem I can see with the install is that they have forgotten to put the covers on.

Otherwise, I would employ the person who put that lot together, in a heart beat.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock