Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Strima, it looks as though the brickie worked as a shelf-stacker in Tesco...that brickwork looks very like a badly stacked shelf...
and yes, maybe it will be rendered...(it'll have to be now, clearly) but what about the wall either side? Just render the bad bit and...
make a "feature" of it, as many a "builder" has said in the past.

Looks like the connection was right at the tip of the twist and was only just in the terminal. The second you pulled it forward it snapped off ?

it's OK. the cpc is still connected.:(:(:(
Don't shout but it was live when I took it off by the time I had took the pic and gone off to isolate the cpc departed company and the face plate was on the floor:p
Think they screwed the terminals with their small finger nail.

Strima, it looks as though the brickie worked as a shelf-stacker in Tesco...that brickwork looks very like a badly stacked shelf...
and yes, maybe it will be rendered...(it'll have to be now, clearly) but what about the wall either side? Just render the bad bit and...
make a "feature" of it, as many a "builder" has said in the past.

It was not originally intended to render it - unless there was a mis-communication. Even it was planned it’s still bad. Bricks stacked on top of each other?! Surely we learn to stagger bricks when we play with Lego. Mortar beds are pretty much non-existent in places.

Anyway - no other houses are rendered on the street, so it’s going to be out of keeping.

Made some progress today but keep finding stuff. Here is how to do a single socket to double socket conversion;
Step 1: Twist existing cables together and extend with 1.0mm.
Step 2: Protect the connection with selotape.
Step 3: Extend the other bit with some more 1.0mm using a choc block.
Step 4: Push extended cables through the back of a surface mount back box and attach back box to the wall. Make sure you do not use any rawl plugs, woodscrews into crumbly plaster is just fine.
Step 5: Connect up and write invoice, ensuring you have sufficient funds to- restock on sellotape.

Customer is following me around whilst I sort all this out.....

Attachments

• 0D7366A6-5721-4894-BE1C-E7C91AC2FFAA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
  • 2FA229C6-2048-47A3-8D10-1CE5177D7C4A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
I would hate to sound racist but was the work done by someone who’s not native to Europe?

What's the protocol in this situation? Is cooperation of the customer required for building control to take notice or should it be reported anyway? Given the state of it there can't be any way building control are aware the work has been carried out and fixing the wiring will leave a paper trail that shows you've worked on it and not reported it when something else goes wrong and they find out.

Good questions but I honestly don’t know. I’d say it’s between the customer and the builder and I’ve got to be especially careful to cover my self with plenty of images, test results and certificates.

Come to think of it certificates are going to be a nightmare. Cross connected circuits and all sorts.

I think the customer is moving towards taking some action but keeps talking about social media etc. Which I don’t think is the way.

My understanding is that if a customer is not satisfied with a tradesman’s work then they have to give them the opportunity to make it right. Not sure that works with electrical work because, obviously, everything worked fine and looked OK (ish).

just because it works, don't make it right. to be right it must work, obviously, but also must comply with regs. and therefore be safe to use. that abortion obviously ain't right.

Marcus, obviously you agree with me about the brickwork, but are you being a little harsh on the wiring...
I mean if it's real Sellotape, not some cheap copy, what could go wrong?
My Dad always insisted on proper Formica...not some cheap imitation stuff!

Seriously though...those pics are shocking...frankly, someone should be jailed for that

just because it works, don't make it right. to be right it must work, obviously, but also must comply with regs. and therefore be safe to use. that abortion obviously ain't right.
Boeing 737 Max worked most of the time. All due respect to those who lost their lives. :(

Looks like a bit of a mishap in that surface box, with the black smoke marks. Wonder if the sellotape failed at a time lol

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock