Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The pipe stat should be on tbe return, which is at the top of the boiler.

See, I read "frost stat" and thought it should be on the incoming cold feed. The thermostat on the wall will be the frost stat, and the other will be the pipe stat.... clue is in the name, and youre right, should be on the return at the top

Exel switchfuse, apparently lights had been flickering and 3ph machines had been running with reduced power intermittently for months. We get called out as some of the electrics are not working at all and sparks are coming out of the bottom of this switch... Despite the months of warnings that something needed attention it is now an emergency and needs to be repaired immediately! :rolleyes:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! swfuse - EletriciansForums.net
It doesn't look like much but the right hand yellow contact fork has almost completely eroded away from the arcing. The blue one wasn't far behind.

Lol at least the flex looks long, perhaps it will reach the correct pipe!
Nope, only long enough to reach the flow. Better than on the gas. Boiler being moved in due course, and I can’t be arsed to replace the flex. Only been troublesome in this recent cold weather.
[automerge]1579593582[/automerge]
You should make the complaint, otherwise they may be installing them the same for any number of houses.
If the apprentice doesn't learn what they have done wrong then they will continue to do it wrong again and again, and probably teach the next person how to do it wrong.
You right of course, I had other problems with the wiring up of the CH system, which I’ve posted about.

Guess one day, he will realise his mistake; probably more embarrassed then, when he won’t have opportunity to rectify it; more learnt that way perhaps.

Last edited:
Thoughts on this I came across today.... ??
Those pyros aren't brilliant.....but a darn site better than the fp200's:cool:
...and get that earth clamp at the top left. What's that doing?
[automerge]1579633464[/automerge]
Exel switchfuse, apparently lights had been flickering and 3ph machines had been running with reduced power intermittently for months. We get called out as some of the electrics are not working at all and sparks are coming out of the bottom of this switch... Despite the months of warnings that something needed attention it is now an emergency and needs to be repaired immediately! :rolleyes:
View attachment 55397
It doesn't look like much but the right hand yellow contact fork has almost completely eroded away from the arcing. The blue one wasn't far behind.
Similar, but a little bit worse, maybe. Sizzled for a fair while, for sureDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_1660.JPG - EletriciansForums.net.

Last edited:
Another nice junction in the loft above a newly installed Ensuite in an extension, wiring taken care of by the Builder's "electrician".

I like the strain relief, so when someone trips over the cables on the loft floor, the Wagos will keep the cables in place.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200123_104541 - EletriciansForums.net

Another nice junction in the loft above a newly installed Ensuite in an extension, wiring taken care of by the Builder's "electrician".

I like the strain relief, so when someone trips over the cables on the loft floor, the Wagos will keep the cables in place.

View attachment 55410
Cables are secured, just, not a problem then, no bare copper showing, on a combustible surface though, still seen worse.

Found this at work when asked to reinstate an extract unit.
Boss thought it may be disconnected in the DB.
Traced swa and found still conneto the trunking.
Looked on the DB and found the machine name was there but with another machine on the same circuit.
Removed the cover found this.
Machine wanted is the smaller cable.
Removed the larger cable after asking OPs about the other machine and was told it was removed a while ago.
Got the extract working and then set about tracing the other swa.
Traced to a 32A three phase socket.
The type with its own breaker.
This was cable tied to the tray work high up.
Set about removing it and found the DB end had no earth.
Thought not good but at least it was connected to the trunking properly but with no earth from the banjo to DB.
Then came the worst of it.
Remoethe top off the plastic three phase socket and found no earth at all.
The machine ran for years like this with no earth protection.
Asked the mechanical engineer and he said they had had a few dodgy sparkies in the past.

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! DSC_0254.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC_0254.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 225

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock