Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have seen lots of sockets mounted upside down so the plugtop flex isn't squashed
With double sockets you can't really win as some wall-wart power units go up the way to avoid the too-low traditional mounting arrangements.

Singles you can do sideways to work, but really its a nasty legacy of (I presume) avoiding putting sockets in lath and plaster walls and using the board as at least a stable mounting base.

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Commercial Kitchens

Nightmare for dodgy electrical work.
Ring someone different everytime there's a breakdown or they need something changing, usually don't care who it is.

Reaction score
Yeah not too obvious from photo.
Singles in flexible conduit which crosses other conduit, and serious lack of saddles, also 3 routes to same place. 4 circuits running through EM light too.
Basically it couldn’t be tidied up without removing most of it and starting again.
Ahh i see thanks for the heads up, always good to be pointed towards details that most miss.

ipf

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Yes that is either 1mm or 1.5mm in the socket, no we won't put in a spur for a 2KW water heater
Is that a worm in that food jar near the socket????

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

I'm sure it is just "resting in the fuse box" and anything else would be an ecumenical matter :)
It's not resting,
'E's passed on! This flex is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the CU 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FLEX!!

Reaction score
Flex still live, shower cable is live too so not sure what that’s connected to yet. But there’s a 7.5kw shower working off something ?

I only nipped in to see what I’d be dealing with as got the call on way to another job and was passing.

Told them I’d be back to do a full EICR as that’s the only way I’m putting my name to any certificate.

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's not resting,
'E's passed on! This flex is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the CU 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FLEX!!
The cooker fuse is pining for the fjords floor too

brianmoooore

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is weird! Last night I was going to attach this same monologue to the end of my answer to the "sparking SDS drill" thread. Just as I was typing the word "parrot", as I Googled "dead parrot sketch" to check on the wording, Newscast was just starting on the TV, and they said "parrot" at that exact time.
In the end, I decided it was too late in the day to transcribe all that, and now, the first thread I look at this morning, there it is....

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is weird! Last night I was going to attach this same monologue to the end of my answer to the "sparking SDS drill" thread. Just as I was typing the word "parrot", as I Googled "dead parrot sketch" to check on the wording, Newscast was just starting on the TV, and they said "parrot" at that exact time.
In the end, I decided it was too late in the day to transcribe all that, and now, the first thread I look at this morning, there it is....
I just copied and pasted, there was no way I would re-type all that!

Reaction score
This was at a different job today.

This plug runs behind the wardrobe...

Past this socket...

Up to this socket to act as an extension. Then there is T&E in a plug to take power down to the socket on the pic above

DIY extension lead

This plug runs down to the nicely coiled knot of cable around the rad pipe and out the hole in the wall to...

Outside and up to...

This light and then across to...

This light. All nicely done from a 13a plug. Pleasing to see they went top entry in the first light and bottom entry in the second. So only one gets affected by water ingress....

Attachments

Reaction score
“My lights don’t work. I tried to replace a dimmer and it didn’t work and I’ve put the dimmer back and now the dimmer doesn’t work. Can you have a look for me and fix”.

Attachments

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

E
  • Article
Want to become a qualified electrician? Look carefully at the training courses on offer to avoid wasting time and money, is the advice in a new campaign from electrical industry body The Electrotechnical Skills Partnership (TESP). With thousands of searches each year on terms such as...
Replies
Views
Marty92
Dan
  • Article
You can now link your account with social media by going to the following page. https://www.electriciansforums.net/account/connected-accounts/ We had this feature some time ago but I removed it when Facebook was found to be selling the data they collected without informing the users of what...
Replies
Views
Dan
Dan
  • Article
There was a dodgy advert, typical clickbait, showing "how to save 90% on your electricity bill" which was not the case and it was actually showing some dangerous wiring tactics. Read the actual threads here:- What should be the code for this - C2 or C3 -...
Replies
Views
Jurassic Sparks
Jurassic Sparks
James
  • Article
The Go Plus hot tub is being recalled because you could get electrocuted taking a dip, according to press releases from the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI). An Amazon spokesperson said: "Safety is a top priority at Amazon. "We require all products offered in our store to comply...
Replies
Views
Dave Appleby
D
Dan
  • Article
Posted on behalf of @CKI:C.K-Tools Carl Kammerling International Ltd, also known to as ‘CKI’, are the company behind the C.K Tools brand. Founded in Germany in 1904 and with roots stretching back to 1790, we provide a wide range of hand tools, tool storage, power tool accessories and...
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix

Search Forum

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.