Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

IP rating on one of the metal sockets….
Knock-out has been knocked in.

And will having sockets above other sockets so close like that mean appliance flexes will get in each other’s way?
Site sockets, they're supposed to be coming out, maybe, can't make my mind up.
They've only put one sounder circuit in. Rough doesn't begin to describe it.
They are both on switch spurs, bit of flex as mains for the fire alarm.
Oh, and yes one sounder.

But we'll spotted, keep meaning to throw a blank in, and they've been fully loaded for months with chargers and trannies.

Site sockets, they're supposed to be coming out, maybe, can't make my mind up.

Oh, and yes one sounder.

But we'll spotted, keep meaning to throw a blank in, and they've been fully loaded for months with chargers and trannies.
Minimum requirement is two sounder circuits.

Turned up on site after a week away, to allow other trades to catch up, and the alarm/data monkies had been in.

View attachment 99301
View attachment 99297View attachment 99299

Needles to say I was a little apoplectic, put my phone away, went for a coffee and then put it as right as I could.

View attachment 99298View attachment 99302View attachment 99303

There is an entirely new circle of hell waiting for these cretins.

My favourite, that now makes me chuckle, is the cut up grommets in the top of the fire alarm panel, plastic, but don't bother with the holes in the galv trunking, mind boggling.

Looks about right for alarm installers.

Some awesome work on another job I’ve been asked to give a second opinion on. Partial rewire done, plasterers refusing to do the making good. Sparky saying it was fine when he left it.

These first two aren’t that bad just need packing out a bit.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! F606A993-2C08-4880-A219-D2BA42347D49 - EletriciansForums.net
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! C0A5D1CB-D760-4525-8E6D-67F7F523C796 - EletriciansForums.net

However, the piece de resistance, brought to you by WTAF Electrical, a subsidiary of Bodgeit & Scarper contracting…

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 92C44176-107F-425D-A2E0-7BE65760302D - EletriciansForums.net
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! CA1D2F25-2A86-43B3-9CA6-54ACF50BA077 - EletriciansForums.net

Firstly how is the plaster supposed to make good when it has been second fixed.
The meter box has been discused before and as it needs a tool to be accessed we can't coment.
But stil RAF

Is that swa 16 mm ?

How far away is the CU ?
SWA is 25mm according to the sheath.

CU is around 6m away hence it needs a Switched fused isolator.
Firstly how is the plaster supposed to make good when it has been second fixed.
The meter box has been discused before and as it needs a tool to be accessed we can't coment.
But stil RAF

You can comment as that’s not how a SWA cable is supposed to be terminated and the cable is approx 6m (I’m being generous too, it could be further) from the CU.

So as I’ve said to mainline it should have a fused isolator.

SWA is 25mm according to the sheath.

CU is around 6m away hence it needs a Switched fused isolator.

You can comment as that’s not how a SWA cable is supposed to be terminated and the cable is approx 6m (I’m being generous too, it could be further) from the CU.

So as I’ve said to mainline it should have a fused isolator.
I agree, just couldn't make out the size of the swa, at least it's swa and not tails running through the house.

It looks like the spark wanted to rush off asap, he should have made good the sockets to at least give the plasterer half a chance.

Some awesome work on another job I’ve been asked to give a second opinion on. Partial rewire done, plasterers refusing to do the making good. Sparky saying it was fine when he left it.

These first two aren’t that bad just need packing out a bit.
View attachment 99342
View attachment 99343

However, the piece de resistance, brought to you by WTAF Electrical, a subsidiary of Bodgeit & Scarper contracting…

View attachment 99344
View attachment 99341
Those recessed sockets look like a potential candidate for those back box guides that you can fit in place - leave the sockets live, and then remove them after plastering...

This is the sort of thing, though I'm sure it was another company that I saw on eFixx a while back. But I think a few have done similar in the past.

The idea is you can leave the socket live - but well off the wall, and once plastered the box comes off and the socket goes back flush...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Those recessed sockets look like a potential candidate for those back box guides that you can fit in place - leave the sockets live, and then remove them after plastering...

This is the sort of thing, though I'm sure it was another company that I saw on eFixx a while back. But I think a few have done similar in the past.

The idea is you can leave the socket live - but well off the wall, and once plastered the box comes off and the socket goes back flush...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The Yoozybox Plasterguard

Nothing particularly horrendous but a sample of the every day stuff I come across

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 4D4E1796-22A4-415C-8DEB-1F2765B13374 - EletriciansForums.net
    4D4E1796-22A4-415C-8DEB-1F2765B13374.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 7B6A47A8-B322-4D50-BCE7-D1F7E50DF95D - EletriciansForums.net
    7B6A47A8-B322-4D50-BCE7-D1F7E50DF95D.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! C9612C13-CE59-4412-80DF-F920D9A88950 - EletriciansForums.net
    C9612C13-CE59-4412-80DF-F920D9A88950.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! FAE09AEC-9613-471D-B3E6-EBDDB9F048E9 - EletriciansForums.net
    FAE09AEC-9613-471D-B3E6-EBDDB9F048E9.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! EFEB1FD1-D710-4DB3-889D-8028B44D4D96 - EletriciansForums.net
    EFEB1FD1-D710-4DB3-889D-8028B44D4D96.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 58
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 93D27A39-1C96-449D-8847-51BF707FB7C5 - EletriciansForums.net
    93D27A39-1C96-449D-8847-51BF707FB7C5.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 56

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock