Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Slow to the party, going back to that fire alarm…
1- I wouldn’t want to be that last one that touched that.
2- isn’t there also a band 1 and band 2 voltage in same containment issue? 24v dc and 230v ac in same trunking?
3 - as above the sounder circuit setup isn’t correct
4 - Hope it’s on its own circuit. At least stick it on an unswitched spur - you don’t want someone switching off the fire alarm. I’m out of date but I believe Bs5389 mandates a red key switch these days?
The alarm monkeys should be putting this right and taking responsibility for it!

missed out on a EICR as himeowner's insurance insisted on NICEIC or Napit. he missed a couple of things, this being the worst.
Slow to the party, going back to that fire alarm…
1- I wouldn’t want to be that last one that touched that.
2- isn’t there also a band 1 and band 2 voltage in same containment issue? 24v dc and 230v ac in same trunking? OK as long as all cables are rated the same voltage. i.e. in this case 230V+
3 - as above the sounder circuit setup isn’t correct
4 - Hope it’s on its own circuit. At least stick it on an unswitched spur - you don’t want someone switching off the fire alarm. I’m out of date but I believe Bs5389 mandates a red key switch these days?
The alarm monkeys should be putting this right and taking responsibility for it!

Panel should have been mounted uo against the trunking, allowing just for trunking lid. then no unsightly FP drops.

Attachments

• 1657613349433.jpeg
    648.9 KB · Views: 210
missed out on a EICR as himeowner's insurance insisted on NICEIC or Napit. he missed a couple of things, this being the worst.
So likely didn't remove cover at all then!
(and thanks for reminding me that if the cable is insulated to the highest voltage present that reg is satisfied.)

Back to work after Covid, and started on a kitchen that should have started last week.
Builder has already been in, ripped out the the old kitchen, tiles, flooring… the lot.

Which left the electrics in not the best condition.

The owners have moved out, so there was nothing stopping him attempting to turn things off at the board…

Switches and sockets hanging on cables where he’d taken a wall down… other sockets broken where he’d struck them with a hammer when taking tiles off…. And taped up cable for oven, with the cooker switch on!
Oh, and old extractor point removed… cables taped up separately…. Leaving the rfc as an incomplete ring.

524A8765-FF21-455A-B83E-31F76390C670.jpeg

75060FC7-2546-4125-B32B-8865D399E6D8.jpeg

E07223CB-E828-4FDC-B090-85560621076E.jpeg

a proper builder would have used sellotape on those ends, not electrical tape.

Zoom in on the pic with the cooker switch…. Over to right. The outlet has been taken off and wrapped in tape. The tape has come off a bit and there is bare, live copper showing.

I suppose saving grace is a full RCBO board had been fitted earlier in the year….

Fortunately RCD protected but a nurse thought she'd help out by replacing the diffuser on this light.

20220714_095700.jpg20220714_095638.jpg20220714_095656.jpg

I've a real concerns when it comes to old fluorescent lighting, the heat generated eventually perishes all the plastic components.

In this case its the permanent live terminal that has just crumbled away.

On Monday I did one where the incoming cables had melted to the ballast.

More of a heads up than dodgy work.

Class 1 exterior light only works when the fan comes on……and then the vent flaps set off the sensor 😂😂….peaky cpcs are overrated anyways😳
6C5A23F7-4AAA-4312-8BAA-8700C6D340C6.jpeg4028378E-C63E-443F-A56A-6B5ACBADDA85.jpeg
On a more serious note the builder that did this and much more just got an 18th suspended sentence for signing off the electrical install of which this is part despite not being an electrician or a member or a scam….he gave the customer an NICEiC form AND signed it in his name 😬😂

Class 1 exterior light only works when the fan comes on……and then the vent flaps set off the sensor 😂😂….peaky cpcs are overrated anyways😳
View attachment 99520View attachment 99521
On a more serious note the builder that did this and much more just got an 18th suspended sentence for signing off the electrical install of which this is part despite not being an electrician or a member or a scam….he gave the customer an NICEiC form AND signed it in his name 😬😂
I wonder if anything would have come of it if he had got a cert from tool station instead

View attachment 99520View attachment 99521

18 sentences for the same type of offence and each one suspended?

Nothing at all wrong with the justice system it would seem.

The electrics are only the half of it, I’ve been in the building trade a long time and this build is by far the worst I’ve seen….another example is the pitched roof is just covered over with osb and then the tiles screwed directly to it!….I wish I was joking honestly 😩…..surprisingly it leaks a little 😂……he has concreted straight over the main sewer pipe twice on each side of the extension, that cheered up building control no end….

I love it when I get asked to check a board and when I arrive I get told the kitchen fitters did an outstanding job with the electrics...

Well they thought so until I started to point out a few 'anomalies' 😇

CPC's in the way? Just cut them short..
IMG_3579.jpeg

It's in a cupboard so it's ok....
IMG_3581.jpeg

Underfloor heating doesn't work for some reason.....
IMG_3576.jpeg

Lets see now:

Mixed MCBs,
4 conductors shoved into one MCB - though they are all held tight. Not sure if it's the clamp of the fact the cables have no space to move!
End MCB split
Not a lot of room for cables and I'm guessing they don't understand what happens when cables are loaded and they warm up!

And they clearly haven't heard of diversity for that RCD!! Which is supplying:
1 x 40A Shower
1 x 32A Induction Hob
1 x 32A Oven
1 x 32A Kitchen Ring
1 x 32A downstairs ring
1 x 32A upstairs ring

IMG_3585.jpeg

But they have used Hager accessories to match the MCBs and the finish in the kitchen was quite nice....🤨

I love it when I get asked to check a board and when I arrive I get told the kitchen fitters did an outstanding job with the electrics...

Well they thought so until I started to point out a few 'anomalies' 😇

CPC's in the way? Just cut them short..
View attachment 99643

It's in a cupboard so it's ok....
View attachment 99642

Underfloor heating doesn't work for some reason.....
View attachment 99641

Lets see now:

Mixed MCBs,
4 conductors shoved into one MCB - though they are all held tight. Not sure if it's the clamp of the fact the cables have no space to move!
End MCB split
Not a lot of room for cables and I'm guessing they don't understand what happens when cables are loaded and they warm up!

And they clearly haven't heard of diversity for that RCD!! Which is supplying:
1 x 40A Shower
1 x 32A Induction Hob
1 x 32A Oven
1 x 32A Kitchen Ring
1 x 32A downstairs ring
1 x 32A upstairs ring

View attachment 99640

But they have used Hager accessories to match the MCBs and the finish in the kitchen was quite nice....🤨
Guessing that 63amp RCD will never be pushed past its 63amp rating if you have a lot of faith, taking that shower while the partner has got all the Xmas dinner cooking in the electric oven and on the electric hob, luckily diversity has a hand but it ain't always that accommodating, lets not forget the gas boiler going faulty and plugging in a few convection heaters in.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock