Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Took the trouble to cut the tiles to get the pipe in! would have been easy enough to box in the pipes instead, reverse the flow and move the thermostatic valve to the other end, towel rails are not bothered by the flow direction.

Today's EICR. I was looking for the breaker that supplied the 2nd consumer unit. I couldn't find it.
Then I saw this...ah....right...
1658439452736.png

Supplying this:
1658439519296.png
100A supplier fuse, and used to have 25 sq mm tails before 2 cores didn't fit.
16mm T+E to next board. 85A CCC. PME supply. etc.

As far as I could tell the reason it was done is that the top Legrand board is almost totally inaccessible behind a garage door rail (I could only just get the cover off), and the tails entered from the cavity at the rear. The new extension would have required RCD protection for lighting. Most frustratingly the problem that someone didn't feel like the pain of changing the CU has only led to it being more urgent that someone changes the CU.

Somewhat ironically a further fault is that the Proteus RCD didn't trip at x1, x5 or when test button pressed. So all that effort to hack RCD protection in amounted to nothing anyway. The white cable bottom left is a spur to the socket under the board, into which was plugged a granny EV cable.

Found these today whilst on another job.

Module cover held on by a piece of tape and falls off as soon as you lift it up, nicely exposed busbar (which I covered with a blank) and mixed MCBs

60F1FAB4-DAB2-4AD0-B63F-B937835A9F5E.jpeg

Another tape extravaganza. Only if you remove this tape the cover also will just slide off completely as the screw housings are broken, probably done up with an impact driver at some point.

B41A76AF-17CC-4AC2-96CB-879C43CE99BA.jpeg

this is one i found. missed on EICR by a competi tor. i got the remedials.

Went to look at an electric boiler not working.
Isolated the boiler at the rotary isolator and CU, phoned the owner and left.
Anyone with a stellar memory may recognise the CU as one I posted last year. Apparently the same guy who installed the boiler fixed all the issues I highlighted on the EICR.
Sent a cover my arse e-mail as soon as I got home with advice to get another opinion and another spark.
Funnily enough my quote to rectify all the rubbish I had previously highlighted was rejected as too expensive. Hence the sulk and leaving him to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_101841.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20220724_102844.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20220724_102847.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220724_102853.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20220724_104147.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 91
Anyone with a stellar memory may recognise the CU as one I posted last year. Apparently the same guy who installed the boiler fixed all the issues I highlighted on the EICR.
Sent a cover my arse e-mail as soon as I got home with advice to get another opinion and another spark.
Funnily enough my quote to rectify all the rubbish I had previously highlighted was rejected as too expensive. Hence the sulk and leaving him to it.
Yeah, why would you bother connecting the cpc on metal cladding kit, suppose that pesky extra unsheathed wire is just for cable stripping after all.

Does that boiler really have the main supply terminals that close to the edge of the enclosure?! What a terrible design.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock