Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So they over clad the original ceiling by the looks , I often find those big transfomers feeding a bunch of 12v spot lights wired like that using twin flex and connector block

The issue is often getting to the transformer which is often inaccessible without mashing a hole somehwere

So they over clad the original ceiling by the looks , I often find those big transfomers feeding a bunch of 12v spot lights wired like that using twin flex and connector block

The issue is often getting to the transformer which is often inaccessible without mashing a hole somehwere
It’s a good job I’m only 6ft and 15st. Otherwise it would have been a really really tight squeeze to sort it. Instead of just the really tight squeeze it was! 🙄

But I did just about did it, without cutting the ceiling. 😇 Now I just need to clip the cables with some fire clips as best I can and wire in the new downlights.

5D6C4A7D-59D9-4B23-BB03-E06E304587AF.jpeg0B02A08F-6FB0-4519-9BE7-D8902806C728.jpeg

All very well being flippant about it, but that ceiling coated in Artex had been Drilled, punctured and cut and could have released fibres into the loft space, I hope at the minimum you wore a mask when in the loft.

All very well being flippant about it, but that ceiling coated in Artex had been Drilled, punctured and cut and could have released fibres into the loft space, I hope at the minimum you wore a mask when in the loft.
1659507271488.png

I always wear a mask when in lofts. 99% of the time around my way they all seem to have the old fibreglass in which gets everywhere.

Unfortunately British gas install the yellow stuff as part of there free energy saving stuff. The brown knauf stuff is much better. Masks and overalls in lofts is poop in good weather.

thankfully my crawling days in lofts is over for good. i get my lung poison from Marlboro these days.

Just isolate a couple of wall lights before plastering, the builders said....

2022-08-04 14.38.06.jpg2022-08-04 14.41.26.jpg
2022-08-04 15.58.24.jpg

3 of these in a small house covering every light fitting. Was probably once quite neat and labelled - but had been added to over the years. Probably looked very neat back when it was all wire nuts...

Still, did avoid lifting many floorboards, so I can see the advantages of the system, if fully labelled!

Doing an EICR and found this. Newish build too at 3yrs old. Owner never had any paperwork prior to today and it’s going to be rented out.

FC0FBF7E-A151-4243-8A22-642155F4E16E.jpeg

Novel way to use a cooker socket for a gas hob igniter. So the gas hob is on a 32a circuit of its own. Plug wired in 6mm

72FA9425-B1F6-4031-A7AE-C035464A0376.jpeg

Cooker/oven is on its own 16a radial with the fridge.

8EE1D15E-ACD2-47C9-B45D-FD54DDC18B65.jpeg
B9ECABA7-9505-42A5-BC94-A7D11ED24531.jpeg

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock