Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Come now, lets do it properly:
View attachment 100289
I do the Western Union and only add solder when the wiring goes inside appliances, there's almost no regulation on electrical work where I live so most self-proclaimed "electricians" use random wires and do simple twist splices and cover it with tape.

Here's a dodgy thing, minus "protective" cap. Guess what this is.
DSC_301.jpg
If you said mug warmer then you're right, it makes your tea/coffee/beverage of preference boil and could make your mug explode if you leave it plugged for more than 30 seconds, but does the job.

edit: upload image directly to thread.

I have seen SWA made off like that quite afew times but normally when its made off into a plastic gland and the sparks winds the armour together like that parking it to earth

I don't like seeing SWA made off like that into a plastic box / plastic gland with the strands earthed like that but like most things its probably a new fangled way of doing things

Under certain fault conditions, the current flowing through those few strands of steel could be sufficient to heat them to a dangerous level. Not acceptable.
As it happens, I was removing it anyway and replacing with bigger cable that is correctly glanded and bonded

thy followed MI with the Titanic.
Page 4

when navigating waters with possible large icebergs, send a lad up to watch for ice in the crows nest, be sure not to equip him with binoculars but carry on at full speed anyway.

there are at times better ways of doing it than the manufacturers recommendations!!

one theory is that if he'd hit it head on, he'd crumple the bow, slplt a few cocktails, but not be in a sinking condition. hay foot, straw foot.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock