Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have to give a nod to the cameraperson/s on Homes Under The Hammer. Quite often, when reviewing the newly renovated house, the camera hovers for a second on some of the really rough stuff, like sockets not properly secured, awful plasterwork, exposed plumbing and un-filled access holes, poor grouting etc. and appalling paintwork on skirting boards. That's what makes it fun!

Lazy way to supply outside light with dusk to dawn.
Green and yellow is switched live to bulkhead light.
Located in a junction box up in a false ceiling hidden above air con popes.

Problem is when it got to the light it had no tape.

Hours of fun finding that oneDSC_0609.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my biggest hates is when sparks use the G/Y as a phase ( live ) conductor just becuase they are too bone idle to go the wholesalers and buy a roll of proper 4 core flex
I have to confess, I do this (sleeved brown) for the occasional PIR where the cable's run externally.

I actually have 20meters of so of H07RNF in 4 core that I bought for this reason, but the smallest I could get is 1.5mm, and it's thicker than armoured. You just can't get it into most PIRs.

At least that is out from AM2
Well that's scuppered my little game hasn't it

Speaking of prescribed zones.

Property shows on TV. Awful.
Last nights was “Worst House On The Street” where a developer buys the worst house on the street and does it up a bit….
“Fitting these (sponsored) bath taps can add £thousands to the value….”

No… no it can’t.

So watching through as the naive developer sacks the first lot of builders… goes with more expensive ones, crashing through her budget… (wanted to spend £30k… with a little help from mommy and daddy… blew £78k on it and didn’t even touch the garden)

This scene pops up as they show the progress…

View attachment 100836

Unless there’s another socket out of shot above that chase, then vertical run isn’t in any prescribed zones.

Edit. I just noticed a cross on the wall beneath the vertical run…. Labelled “coax”
I think they forgot.
I think maybe who ever chased the socket in decided that they should leave room for the coax 🤦‍♂️

I actually have 20meters of so of H07RNF in 4 core that I bought for this reason, but the smallest I could get is 1.5mm, and it's thicker than armoured. You just can't get it into most PIRs.
It is not so common but I am sure I have seen 1mm H07RNF which would be a better match.

I have also used Flexishield 3C+E 1.5mm for that application and it works fine, but a bit more expensive.

Pretty sure it's already been out for a long while, AM2 just makes it more obvious.
Hmmm.... funny old thing, the memory. Just grabbed the 2008 17th and it was prohibited in singles, not it seems multicores.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock