Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It looks like the electrician lost the race to the plumber. No sign of any screw holes on wall. Estate build in 2014, possibly been like it since new.
This road is always interesting, the CU's are generally behind a garage door rail or high in a kitchen cupboard. The curse continues....
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 1666717426398 - EletriciansForums.net
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 1666717454050 - EletriciansForums.net

could it be that originally all the cables went into the board but someone has pulled it away from the wall and now everything is stretched tight and the inner cores are showing?

could it be that originally all the cables went into the board but someone has pulled it away from the wall and now everything is stretched tight and the inner cores are showing?
I think UNG was being funny.

It looks like the board was wired to be fitted to the wall, but a pipe turned up before it could be fixed.

I know
and some other words

That was my first guess too. I couldn't see any evidence of it ever being screwed to the wall. I was there to advice on wiring for a proposed new kitchen so good chance its being changed anyway.

What’s more amazing is the customer is adamant it’s not DIY. He had another electrician in who left the job half way through and hasn’t been back in touch. 🤔 I’m guessing he’s fell out with ‘Dave from the pub’. 😂

I’ve disconnected the lot. Initially he was a bit miffed I’d disconnected it all. But I said that’s what needed to be done as it’s not safe. Explained to him a few options of how it can be resolved and he’s asked for a quote and when I have availability.

Can you tell him I'm sorry i didn't finish the job off, but it was due to the covid.
Regards Dave

Text from a previous customer.

“Hi Carl, sorry to message you on the weekend so no rush to reply.
I thought I’d installed the wireless heating system on my apartment fine but now the boiler isn’t turning on. The wireless control unit is talking to the panel that the boilers connected to. However, the unit is then not turning the boiler on so currently no heating in the apartment.”

So I said send me a pic of what you’ve done……

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! F761940B-45CD-4ED1-803F-E6CD237ED1D5 - EletriciansForums.net

After explaining that all he’s done is supply power and there should be some other wires. I asked him to take that plate off and show me what was behind it……

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 371ED942-573F-4ECB-8F1C-9D996CB8CF0A - EletriciansForums.net

Now, I’m not sure here, but I think his boiler must be faulty as those conductors must be irrelevant……. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Not exactly the correct place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread, sorry.

On another forum we got this query:
"Hi guys can some clever person tell me how I insert a bulb in a single socket. I ask because contrary to the overall advice from the general membership is erroneous."
Not exactly clear, but a few folk did answer, asking for clarification, and a photo or two so we could try to assist.
a mention was made of the bulb being a lamp...reply from the OP was that a lamp was the thing you screwed the bulb into, and why couldn't someone just come up with a solution to his question...

I think I came up with a good solution, but he wasn't impressed...

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 1667066404793 - EletriciansForums.net

It has a square captive clamp washer under the terminal screw so it shouldn't matter but the housing rarely prevents them from twisting.
Not true the square clamp under the screw does nothing to prevent the cable from twisting clear left or right, it's a placebo to the fixing, turning the clamp screw fixing clockwise is always going to be beneficial to the eventual overall continuity of the circuit.

Not true the square clamp under the screw does nothing to prevent the cable from twisting clear left or right, it's a placebo to the fixing, turning the clamp screw fixing clockwise is always going to be beneficial to the eventual overall continuity of the circuit.
Well it is true the Achilles heel is that poor retention of the square shaped washer allows it to shift. The square shaped washer having said that it not allowed to fully turn unlike the circular washer you are commonly referring to whereby the conductor can be repelled by the action of the screw to the motion of the washer.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock