Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I suspect there's an earth rod somewhere or the system earth is reliant on the gas and water bonding 😲 SSE are pretty good at coming out for PME connections so I might see if I can use that 10mm to pull a 16mm through to the MET.

I have worked on plenty properties with only the bonding acting as the sole means of earthing in the house, quite often only one of the gas or water connected.
Its one of the first things I look for if I get asked to look at a house where the home owners are complaining they are getting tingling when they tough the metal casing on an appliance or from the kitchen sink or bathroom taps...

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Speedfit.....at least it’s waterproof for IP rating. Could have done with a level for the conduit though.

admittedly, I’ve used 21mm pvc drain pipe as conduit for CCTV on my own house.
It comes with 135 degree bends for going round a bay window without struggling with a spring.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.