Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think they misunderstood.
clip.jpg
Lights not working. Generally poor installation. Flexible conduit runs up pole to light and the end is open allowing rain in to the box, among other problems.jb.jpg
Lighting poles fixed with a load of plastic ties.
pole.jpg
And cables buried a few inches under the surface, run in water pipe across the entrance of a lorry yard.
cab.jpg

It was one of the few fire alarm cables that was fixed! Most were just thrown about above the suspended ceilings. Don't worry, they are all fixed properly now, and that cable shown has been replaced.
Maybe they got the wrong size and used a bit of imagination as a result. 🙄

Was it actually connected under that cover?
I hope so as that’s where the cable goes. There’s no other point it can be as the rest of the ground is concrete and paving slabs and the CU is directly above where that cable enters. I’ve searched all along the outside back wall where this is and there are no other access points. So if it’s not it’s buried in concrete anyway or under a paving slab somewhere, which are all concreted in.

I thought those are basically a single entry conduit box? If so, logically the rod itself should be directly underneath. Or am I missing something?
It should be underneath, as you say. It's just a PITA that ducting wasn't used.
My guess is that the high Ze was noted and he won't be doing anything further about until someone's agreed to pay for remedial work. Otherwise I'd have thought the cover would already have been lifted, wire and rod tested with wander lead or Ra test etc.

For the avoidance of any doubt with those not seeing the problem as I have one on the van. The boxes are in 2 pieces which split as shown as the top is solid under the label. The box is concreted in so my intention will be to use a 25mm hole saw and see if the connection is solid and take it from there.

4DA43E76-D4DD-499A-BF8F-5E26B8FF1919.jpeg
249F751A-2B76-418D-9ADA-2A00D0F6D40B.jpeg

Last edited:

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock