Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Found this today during an EICR. At least they earthed the back box….. 🙄

IMG_1429.jpeg

On another ring I had a break in continuity L-L. Narrowed it down to between 2 sockets in different rooms. Between each of the rooms was a bathroom.

A little investigation and found an old wall heater junction box.

IMG_1430.jpeg

Funny enough when I took the tape off and placed them into Wago’s the ring continuity was restored.

Found this today during an EICR. At least they earthed the back box….. 🙄

View attachment 108084

On another ring I had a break in continuity L-L. Narrowed it down to between 2 sockets in different rooms. Between each of the rooms was a bathroom.

A little investigation and found an old wall heater junction box.

View attachment 108085

Funny enough when I took the tape off and placed them into Wago’s the ring continuity was restored.
Did you connect the cpcs to the back box so it is earthed.

There is an argument that the socket is earthed if one of its screw fixing is into a fixed lug in a metal back box, as long as the back box is earthed.

There is an argument that the socket is earthed if one of its screw fixing is into a fixed lug in a metal back box, as long as the back box is earthed.
I have heard some old times sparks mention this , but if the screw is loose or rusted up then the connection to the erath lug will be carp

I’ve heard that argument. But for the sake of a socket front that costs £4 I can’t understand why they didn’t just replace the socket front. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have a slack handful of different terminal screws that I keep. But none of them would fit this socket for some reason. So I just replaced the front.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock