Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

"Just pop in and have a look, it's a recent board so should be no troubles" - every bloody builder I work for... :rolleyes:

View attachment 61041

There are just rebadged MK old style aren't they? When did they stop making them? I'm guessing that there's nothing 'officially' compatible available now?

Bonus points for the "unknown" circuit that I've only just noticed looking at the pic!
Sorry for the late reply but feel I need to have a guess at the unknown circuit being the immersion heater ?

Why's the light in Blue/Brown and the feed in Red/Black?

Mmm, maybe there's a well terminated, maintenance free junction box.

Let's do some delicate ceiling surgery with the hammer and admire the beautiful work this craftsperson.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20201029_124449 - EletriciansForums.net

Well that was a surprise, not one badly made joint but two for the price of a new ceiling, barging!

Why's the light in Blue/Brown and the feed in Red/Black?

Mmm, maybe there's a well terminated, maintenance free junction box.

Let's do some delicate ceiling surgery with the hammer and admire the beautiful work this craftsperson.

View attachment 61747

Well that was a surprise, not one badly made joint but two for the price of a new ceiling, barging!
classic builder work.

Sorry for the late reply but feel I need to have a guess at the unknown circuit being the immersion heater ?
Good guess, but it turned out to be a socket under the sink (no idea why, there was another socket beside it on the original ring that had been split into two radials at some point.

Since I actually needed a feed for the utility room next door anyway, it worked out in my favour for a change!

Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

View attachment 28495

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

View attachment 28495
My 2 favourites so far

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200118_101311 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20200118_101311.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_20200825_160151 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20200825_160151.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 89
Good guess, but it turned out to be a socket under the sink (no idea why, there was another socket beside it on the original ring that had been split into two radials at some point.

Since I actually needed a feed for the utility room next door anyway, it worked out in my favour for a change!
My old house used to have a switch in the kitchen that turn on the immersion heater upstairs, I removed it and fitted a socket when the immersion heater was removed so someone may of done the same thing.

My old house used to have a switch in the kitchen that turn on the immersion heater upstairs, I removed it and fitted a socket when the immersion heater was removed so someone may of done the same thing.
my old house didn't have such luxuries. a tin bath in front of the kitchen range on a saturday night. topped up with kettle that sat on the range. dad first, then mum, then me, then sister. waste bath water washed dishes, then chucked on veg.patch.

my old house didn't have such luxuries. a tin bath in front of the kitchen range on a saturday night. topped up with kettle that sat on the range. dad first, then mum, then me, then sister. waste bath water washed dishes, then chucked on veg.patch.
You were lucky....

Range!!! we had no range , we just used to sit near grandad chewing an extra strong mint to keep warm :)

Range!!! we had no range , we just used to sit near grandad chewing an extra strong mint to keep warm :)
should have given him a fishermans friend. you'd have bin sweating hot then.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock