Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Oh.no wrong again you gotta raise the rad first to tilt
If pipework is clipped properly it's not possible to lift off the brackets. I've tried in my house on the back of this convo and not a one of my 8 rads will lift because the pipework is all clipped down properly. I would have to turn off the water and then completely disconnect the valves to get it off, by which time my floor is soaked.

Someone reckons apparently that properly clipped down pipework is the sign of a rubbish installation though so maybe my installation is just crap.

I the pipes come out of a screeded floor, they should have thick walled insulation around them, and there should be enough compliance in this to allow the to be lifted off.
Sounds like CamoElectric's installation is a retrofitted one, with surface mounted pipework. Even then, there shouldn't be clips so close t the radiator that it's unable to be lifted slightly. Too many clips, and clips in the wrong place, stress the pipework.

I like the 'on' arrows.....when the breaker tells you anyway.
Although it may be 'Oz'..... Never never land.
I saw the word 'morons' quoted on another thread, earlier. More relevant here, I would say. Just bad work done by someone ignorant of requirements.
A great factor, initiated by M Gerin is the individual MCB isolation, when it's used correctly.

Was fault finding why the 63A MCB for some sports pitch lights was randomly tripping. Opened the DB and saw this. How many defects can you find?!
Do those bus-bar screw covers actually cut power as the on/off says? If so a couple are half-way!

Not to mention that unused ons that should be in the off position...

Called out to replace a faulty 2gang switch. Managed to get to the supply in the dark under the stairs but it took a few moments to fathom out where to isolate the lighting circuit. Built in 1965, original wiring, with various additions, of course.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_2264 - EletriciansForums.net

Oh Yes, there it is........

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_2266 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Would you bother looking for fuses in that scenario or just turn off the DP main isolation ?

That's what I tend to do if posssible
If you look at the main switch, that's what I did.
It just needed a bit of looking at....no labelling....and it does tend to help knowing what's what.
Could have been fed from a 60amp fuse, for all I knew.

Yes I see that now

I was just wondering what your approach was

I usually just go for the main isolation in unknown installations where possible .

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock