Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I know there is a load of options to shake one's head in disbelief at, but I am obsessed by the green cpc in the last photo, I am not sure if it's been chewed, overheated, or just had a difficult childhood!

I think it's just been wrapped with tape.

Must admit I did not know that Jesus had a middle name stating with H.
he did. it was Harold. a contraction from Hold this cross while i have a smoke.

The H is thought to have come from a misunderstanding of the middle of the first 3 letters for the name Jesus in the ancient Greek. According to Wikipedia...
And of course Christ is not a name but a title.

Needless to say, the list of things right in that house would be shorter than that of what's wrong. Got to 30 observations then gave up filling in the cert to be honest. Socket outlets in the bathrooms, very little to no earth sleeving used, bad connections at most accessories inspected, jointboxes everywhere, CPCs used as strappers, no earth continuity on half a dozen circuits including socket circuits, outside jointbox which comprised a pattress & blank plate. Plus a bonus "hybrid" circuit which left the board as a 10mm T&E, was immediately joined to 16mm T&E beside the board (see 1st pic). Never did find the joint at the other end but that circuit ended up supplying most of the kitchen sockets, the boiler, oven & hob. (I was assured by the tenant it was a joint and not another consumer unit, he couldn't remember what part of the wall it was hidden in though!)

Bit of a weird setup with long-term tenant who's done alot of work to the property themselves over the years as a return favour for a very low rental rate and a landlord who recently inherited the house. Report is definitely not going to go down well.

I recently had one very similar.
A pre work survey for a board change turned into a quote for a rewire in about an hour.
Also had multiple unused live cables taped up and left floating about behind plasterboard and or in ceiling space..

Fortunately the customer was really keen to get the rewire done once made aware.

Currently doing an EICR as been asked to provide a second opinion. This place allegedly passed the last inspection but the estate agent and landlord weren’t happy.

There are a sh!t loads of faults. But this one I found whilst tracing a cable run from an unidentified circuit. ??‍♂️

In the words of Del. ‘No way, no way a qualified electrician did that’! ?

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! F02A2595-0BCD-4B6B-922D-15CB4FA98469 - EletriciansForums.net

Is that for real?

Look at all the bare live copper showing.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock