Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Looking at that photo........
No surprises if the mobile service providers are moving into the domestic wiring game? ?

Same place.

Doorbell transformer just dumped next to the cutout. And CU cover held in place with electrical tape.

This is another I’ve been asked to re-check after failing Bodgeit & Scarpers last passed inspection! ???‍♂️

As you can see this was allegedly passed last month!

I think the estate agent might be building a evidence case here. Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! EAC6308E-2A76-4394-8BBA-4B81A2D3F686 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! E1637EFA-3668-4F49-9028-8B1B7497992B - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! C42518AD-E06F-4592-87EA-E122276AFD61 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 39583D33-D345-4226-815C-4DEB3A3086C2 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 35EBC49A-4438-4D38-AA65-CF8AFE7F147C - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 24AF273D-2383-4D77-B7D7-BF8C90AF9444 - EletriciansForums.net

maybe it was just inspected, but maybe they picked up all these same issues?
Do you have the report to see?
I don’t. The estate agent do and they said it had been graded it satisfactory. They asked me to do a recheck as it was the same person/contractor that inspected one I posted about the other day that also passed.

It wouldn’t make sense to ask it to be checked again after a month if the last said it was ok, unless they had some reason to doubt it.

Quick refurb of a bathroom before reboarding - a story in 5 pictures:

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2021-11-15 16.30.12 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2021-11-15 16.30.22 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2021-11-15 16.30.30 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2021-11-15 16.38.02 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2021-11-15 17.10.23 - EletriciansForums.net

I guess it was in the safe zone at least ?

They obviously rewired the lights at some point without bothering to touch the ceiling, so ran the cabling around the top of the wall and bonded it in place then tiled over - so have to spend tomorrow rewiring the bathroom completely....

That's black sleeving on the cpc btw

Quick refurb of a bathroom before reboarding - a story in 5 pictures:

View attachment 92050 View attachment 92051 View attachment 92052View attachment 92053View attachment 92054

I guess it was in the safe zone at least ?

They obviously rewired the lights at some point without bothering to touch the ceiling, so ran the cabling around the top of the wall and bonded it in place then tiled over - so have to spend tomorrow rewiring the bathroom completely....

That's black sleeving on the cpc btw
That’s got to be a DIY job surely!

That’s got to be a DIY job surely!
Well, definitely a DIY job, though the person may have been paid for it!

It's a landlord's property - still had fuse wire fuse box that I replaced earlier this year after EICR - so wouldn't be surprised if it was a previous bathroom fitter who did it, since the new cabling is >2006 and I doubt it was the tenants who did it themselves...

Didn't pick this up on the EICR since it was all tiled over.

Was it a flat roof above the bathroom ? I often find JBs buried in walls or behind tiles when the access above is restricted ...
ding ding! Yes it was - clearly whoever did it thought they'd rather not touch the ceiling so used the walls. Can't believe it was the best/only option though...

To be fair there was enough bonding/cement in there to ensure nothing moved even a mm - most of the damage was in getting it out to work out what the hell was going on....

Awesome workmanship here. ??‍♂️

The craftsmanship to get the drawer unit frame to sit over a unswitched fused spur leaving no access is something to behold. And then the addition of the switched fused spur for some exterior lights with the exposed T&E is a nice touch.

Not only is this in a daft place. If the plugs are used the drawers don’t close properly.

The mind boggles sometimes. I’d love to know what they were smoking when they ‘designed’ this.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 745545DB-8524-456F-980A-A1ECBF66AD37 - EletriciansForums.net

Simple JB, supplies 4 outside lights. Not daisy-chained, just spidered off. L is a t&e with the N cut off, N is t&e from another JB with L cut off, and all the CPCs terminated, but with a lack of sleeveing. Took me a while to suss this out, but all working fine now. ..

A special kind of fail. Not following the old tradition of mounting a socket in the skirting board, they mounted it in the wall. But somehow still managed to still have it in the skirting board to the extent that moulded plugs with any form of strain relief won't fit.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! stupid-13A-socket - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock